The NFL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 01:32 PM
TPR
The Champ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: Scootergptx
Gotta agree about dancing on the logo. Reminds of a receiver a few years back that did something like that on the Cowboys logo.

Times do change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Yeah, I believe he got drilled for that one!!!

TPR

Old 01-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: TPR

Yeah, I believe he got drilled for that one!!!

TPR
He sure did. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If George Teague is remember for anything in Dallas, that will be it. Man that was a good hit too. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-16-2007, 04:18 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

I watched most of the chargers/patriot game and it didnt look like either team wanted to win all that bad.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: mywifesquad
I watched most of the chargers/patriot game and it didnt look like either team wanted to win all that bad.
Really? I thought it was an awesome game. It was very exciting, going back and forth. I was on the edge of my seat. personally, I like the lower scoring games that look like both teams are having a tough time, because they are pretty equally matched.

And I got to say, I was watching LT in amazement. Dam, is he good. I even caught myself smiling watching him just smoke our guys, just cause he's so dam good. I do feel bad for him, because he was pretty much their whole offense and with talent like his, you'd like to see him in the big one.

I don't understand hating the pats though, well besides the dance thing- but that's not really the usual for the pats, and like I said before I think they were just throwing it back in their faces. They have come a long way in these last few years.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!
Default The NFL Thread

TPR- this is a quote from NFL.com.

--" OK, so a Patriots player showed a lack of class by mocking Shawne Merriman's dance in the middle of the field in San Diego right after the Chargers' divisional-round loss. LaDainian Tomlinson, one of the classiest NFL players of them all, reacted with understandable anger while emotions were still raw immediately after the game. However, I think he went overboard with his prolonged complaining 24 hours after the fact. Something tells me Tomlinson's reaction was much less about the dance than it was the frustration of squandering a big lead and perhaps the best opportunity he and his teammates might ever have to reach and win the Super Bowl was simply too much to bear."

Old 01-17-2007, 02:49 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: MrDumass
TPR- this is a quote from NFL.com.

--" OK, so a Patriots player showed a lack of class by mocking Shawne Merriman's dance in the middle of the field in San Diego right after the Chargers' divisional-round loss. LaDainian Tomlinson, one of the classiest NFL players of them all, reacted with understandable anger while emotions were still raw immediately after the game. However, I think he went overboard with his prolonged complaining 24 hours after the fact. Something tells me Tomlinson's reaction was much less about the dance than it was the frustration of squandering a big lead and perhaps the best opportunity he and his teammates might ever have to reach and win the Super Bowl was simply too much to bear."
I'd agree, he has to be pissed off about losing the game that way. Good news is there is no real major free agent's to worry about. Now we just need to get the coaching thing straightnened out.

TPR

Old 01-17-2007, 02:54 PM
TPR
The Champ
Default The NFL Thread

Look Sparky, my real beef is not losing, we gave them oppertunities to win the game and they took advantage. That's what good teams do.

What made me mad, was considering the fact that up to this point, I thought of the Pat's as a classy team, they really get the game handed to them on a silver platter and instead of being humble and thinking "Dang, we could have easily lost that one" they acted like they had just won 70-0 over their arch rivals. That was dissappointing.

I think of Tom Brady much like you look at LT, the kid is nails, he get's the job done better than most, even with the talent around him changing. Heck if he can make Reche Caldwell look good dude must have skills.

(Looks down, kicks the horse one last time....yeah, it's dead....)

TPR

Old 01-17-2007, 04:27 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Really? I thought it was an awesome game. It was very exciting, going back and forth. I was on the edge of my seat. personally, I like the lower scoring games that look like both teams are having a tough time, because they are pretty equally matched.

And I got to say, I was watching LT in amazement. Dam, is he good. I even caught myself smiling watching him just smoke our guys, just cause he's so dam good. I do feel bad for him, because he was pretty much their whole offense and with talent like his, you'd like to see him in the big one.

I don't understand hating the pats though, well besides the dance thing- but that's not really the usual for the pats, and like I said before I think they were just throwing it back in their faces. They have come a long way in these last few years.
It just seemed like the chargers were doing everything in their power to give the game to the patriots. And every time the patriots got another freebee it seemed to me like they figured they didnt want to win that way. i could be wrong and didnt watch all of it but i got that same feeling watching the seahawks/bears too. There was no sense of urgency until the last couple of minutes.

I only hate the raiders.

Old 01-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: Sparky8370

It just seemed like the chargers were doing everything in their power to give the game to the patriots. And every time the patriots got another freebee it seemed to me like they figured they didnt want to win that way. i could be wrong and didnt watch all of it but i got that same feeling watching the seahawks/bears too. There was no sense of urgency until the last couple of minutes.

I only hate the raiders.
The pats always seem to play better during those last two minutes for some reason. Maybe thy're just procrastinators?

Old 01-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default The NFL Thread

Originally posted by: TPR
Look Sparky, my real beef is not losing, we gave them oppertunities to win the game and they took advantage. That's what good teams do.

What made me mad, was considering the fact that up to this point, I thought of the Pat's as a classy team, they really get the game handed to them on a silver platter and instead of being humble and thinking "Dang, we could have easily lost that one" they acted like they had just won 70-0 over their arch rivals. That was dissappointing.

I think of Tom Brady much like you look at LT, the kid is nails, he get's the job done better than most, even with the talent around him changing. Heck if he can make Reche Caldwell look good dude must have skills.

(Looks down, kicks the horse one last time....yeah, it's dead....)

TPR
I hope I didn't offend you or anything, and that's not how I've taken it either. Just football.

Quick Reply: The NFL Thread