Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Thats "proofread". Guys, if you are gonna do it, then do it right. Have a nice day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: buck183

Been on here for about a year now and I didn't even notice the comments section. Sorry about that guys. This should obviously be there. Please feel free to report this to a mod and have it moved.

Buck
Your wish is my command[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2005, 02:33 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Thats "proofread". Guys, if you are gonna do it, then do it right. Have a nice day [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL!

Old 09-27-2005, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider

Did you not see the part I FLUNKED HIGH SCHOOL GRAMMER? (geuss I left that part out) I'm lucky to get any words spelled right!!

Ok, At least I went back and fixed it!

lol!!!!!!!........

Old 09-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

By now Kids you can see the point of this thread; that is : If you are going to be a smart@$$ and complain, get all of your stuff correct FIRST! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] LOL

Old 09-27-2005, 02:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: asfasasu3
Did you not see the part I FLUNKED HIGH SCHOOL GRAMMER? I'm lucky to get any words speeled right!!
I can respect anyone that can admit their limitations. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

I averaged a 33 in high school grammer and even I can manage to put together an intelligible sentence, most of the time, Just don't ask me to diagram it, that's where I'm sunk.

Seriously, if you need to, use spell check in Outlook or something. Trying to read sentences that have no clear beginning or end is impossible and I usually just skip them altogether.

Old 09-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: garyc660R
Buck, I cleaned up your post indicating the letters BS, since your 8 year old daughter is reading. Later.
Gary
Thanks chief. I appreciate it. Thanks for letting us discuss our opinions too.

Take care,

Buck

Old 09-27-2005, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

i no wat u meen i hait it wen tey typ lik dat
Now seriously, that is annoying. Abbreviation such as lol, lmfao, rofl, etc. are fine but don't type "tey" for they. It's one more letter!! And come on, don't use all lower case or all upper case. I usually make sure I'm using the right homophone. (there, they're, their) Then there's (not theres or theirs) than and then. I hate it when I read one of my replies and see those ridiculous kind of errors. And I sucked at english when I was in high school. Just make it so I can read it without scratching my head. It would be a good idea to have a spell check option on here. Save the wacky words for your member name. That's kind of like a license plate, and I have fun trying to figure those out. I just don't want to do it all the way through a sentence.

Old 09-28-2005, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

I am studying english at University level. My professor just told us today that in less than fifty years the language as we know it will be totally different than we are using it today. If it has has a hard syllable, in conversation typically that syllable is dropped. Like "prolly" instead of "probably". We see this in the forum, when words are being typed. If this keeps up, we will experience a shift in the patterns of english. People may actually say "ROLF" and others understand the meaning.

Quick Reply: Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.