Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 10:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Yea, Thats Always A Good One And It Takes Forever...

sorry guys, ill stop.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

I gotta agree with the bad grammer thing being annoying. I've found that the average age/maturity level on this forum has been steadily dropping over the past year and a half (as long as I've been reading posts). It's been driving me away from this message board. I've been spending much more time on a different forum. It's much more utility quad oriented, the age/maturity level seems much older, and think they do a lot more tech talk, which I like to read.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

I think there needs to be a medium. I think it is ok to use a little slang as long as you make it make sense. I have a bad habit of not using the SHIFT key at the beginning of sentances sometimes. Sometimes i do like to go back and polish up my sentances and capitalize everything. Im pretty good about punctuation and grammar. If you nitt pick too much I think its a waste of time. I do type "cuz" and use some other shorthand but if i was doing an english say i would deffinently write it out. I do agree you have a very good point though buck. I do see some pretty bad posts. No punctuation makes no sense.

Old 10-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
I think there needs to be a medium. I think it is ok to use a little slang as long as you make it make sense. I have a bad habit of not using the SHIFT key at the beginning of sentances sometimes. Sometimes i do like to go back and polish up my sentances and capitalize everything. Im pretty good about punctuation and grammar. If you nitt pick too much I think its a waste of time. I do type "cuz" and use some other shorthand but if i was doing an english say i would deffinently write it out. I do agree you have a very good point though buck. I do see some pretty bad posts. No punctuation makes no sense.
Exactly. Some is fine. As long as its clearly understandable.

I think the best way to deal with it is to ignore posts that clearly involved no thought. If no one is listening to them, they'll realize something's up eventually.

Old 10-07-2005, 12:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Wow dude ur acting like this is a sin....

do u think i write like this for school assignments..UHH NO!

i use spell check and i'm not a complete idiot...not real cool to rip on ppl who use internet chat code...

and if u think when ur daughter gets AOL or MSN messenger that she's not gonna use code and say stuff like "lol" "sry" "ppl" "w.e"

i dont even know why i wasted my time posting in this thread

Old 10-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XtremeSkier

i use spell check and i'm not a complete idiot...not real cool to rip on ppl who use internet chat code...

and if u think when ur daughter gets AOL or MSN messenger that she's not gonna use code and say stuff like "lol" "sry" "ppl" "w.e"

Here is a PM I received a while ago in its entirety:

hey i could use some help on my computer when ever i on line i listen to music on limewire and then when i try to go back online like maxamize it limewire stays up and i cant see aol y
I want to help people, but stuff like that just makes me mad.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tyler711
Originally posted by: XtremeSkier

Here is a PM I received a while ago in its entirety:

hey i could use some help on my computer when ever i on line i listen to music on limewire and then when i try to go back online like maxamize it limewire stays up and i cant see aol y
I want to help people, but stuff like that just makes me mad.
well that's pathetic but this dudes acting like u need perfect grammer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-07-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

No he isnt. Buck just wants people to type legibly.

And XS, even your worst-written posts are Shakespeare compared to some of the crap on these boards.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tyler711
No he isnt. Buck just wants people to type legibly.

And XS, even your worst-written posts are Shakespeare compared to some of the crap on these boards.
Thank you Tyler. You hit the nail on the head. It's good to know that there are those who understand where I'm coming from on this.

XS...take a look at the majority of the replies on this thread. Like it or not it's obvious your peers have spoken.

Buck

Old 10-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

People can type how they want. alright! When your on here who cares what your writing looks like just get the damn message out don't have to think about english everytime we are on here. i don't care how fast you type. people can write how they want. on here who cares. people can write real good if they have to but it isn't a big deal. most people who are on this site must own an atv of some sort and they bought it with their own money which they got from a job which this couldn't of gotten without an education or a diploma. so they must of passed highschool,,, and passing highschool means getting almost all credits... most probably being english. easiest subject ever.

........!!!!!!!!! take the hands off the keys bucker
<edited by Atv connection moderator>

Quick Reply: Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.