Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Originally posted by: extremerider2811
People can type how they want. alright! When your on here who cares what your writing looks like just get the damn message out don't have to think about english everytime we are on here. i don't care how fast you type. people can write how they want. on here who cares. people can write real good if they have to but it isn't a big deal. most people who are on this site must own an atv of some sort and they bought it with their own money which they got from a job which this couldn't of gotten without an education or a diploma. so they must of passed highschool,,, and passing highschool means getting almost all credits... most probably being english. easiest subject ever.

........!!!!!!!!! take the hands off the keys bucker

I guess I missed the part where anyone said it was OK to start getting personal on this thread. Fairly obvious that this hits a nerve with you.

You are correct, people can choose to type however they please in this free country of ours. It's kind of tough to answer a question from someone that communicates in another language though. Do you see a small problem with that?

Buck

<edited by Atv Connection Moderator>

Old 10-08-2005, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: buck183
People can type how they want. alright! When your on here who cares what your writing looks like just get the damn message out don't have to think about english everytime we are on here. i'm glad to see your daughter knows how to read. i don't care how fast you type. people can write how they want. on here who cares. people can write real good if they have to but it isn't a big deal. most people who are on this site must own an atv of some sort and they bought it with their own money which they got from a job which this couldn't of gotten without an education or a diploma. so they must of passed highschool,,, and passing highschool means getting almost all credits... most probably being english. easiest subject ever.

I guess I missed the part where anyone said it was OK to start getting personal on this thread. Fairly obvious that this hits a nerve with you.

You are correct, people can choose to type however they please in this free country of ours. It's kind of tough to answer a question from someone that communicates in another language though. Do you see a small problem with that?

Buck

I have absolutely no idea how that word ended up being a link to something else. ??????

Buck

Old 10-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

People can type how they want. alright! When your on here who cares what your writing looks like just get the damn message out don't have to think about english everytime we are on here. i don't care how fast you type. people can write how they want. on here who cares. people can write real good if they have to but it isn't a big deal. most people who are on this site must own an atv of some sort and they bought it with their own money which they got from a job which this couldn't of gotten without an education or a diploma. so they must of passed highschool,,, and passing highschool means getting almost all credits... most probably being english. easiest subject ever.

Buck

I have absolutely no idea how that word ended up being a link to something else. ??????

Buck
Advertising for polaris. Whatever they have to do to keep these boards free for us.

And extreme rider, the problem does not seem to come from those who have graduated from HS. It seems to come from kids who somehow have atv's (or claim they do) who assume that everyone is here just to decode their shorthand and solve their problems.

People can type however they want. We are merely suggesting that if you want your question taken more seriously, type well.
<edited by Atv Connection Moderator>

Old 10-08-2005, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: XtremeSkier
Wow dude ur acting like this is a sin....

do u think i write like this for school assignments..UHH NO!

i use spell check and i'm not a complete idiot...not real cool to rip on ppl who use internet chat code...

and if u think when ur daughter gets AOL or MSN messenger that she's not gonna use code and say stuff like "lol" "sry" "ppl" "w.e"

i dont even know why i wasted my time posting in this thread
I think you might be taking this the wrong way a little. Im not sure buck thinks its necissary to type with perfect grammar and punctuation. I dont know anyone that uses internet code in an english essay seriously. I think the important point about bucks post is that if you want to be taken seriously you should at least make an effort to use good grammar and post sentances that make sense. Stupid posts often get stupid replies. Many of the respected members of this forum use good grammar. Personally, I havent seen any "bad" posts by you. I think buck is leaning more towards people like, ehlitdew.... hehe.... How many of his posts are taken seriously? Now maybe he just does it for kicks but still. He isnt taken to seriously. Agree?

Old 10-08-2005, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

I agree.

Type well, you can expect good responses. And you stand in a better position if it becomes necessary to defend yourself or point out faults of others. (There are times for both).

Post with no punctuation, capitalization, or grammar (to an extreme low) and expect little in return. In a disagreement, you will often have no allies or support.

We aren't saying you have to post decent text, just saying that it is in everyone's best interest to do so.

And no where in the world will IMtalk do you any good in life. Why practice a bad habit? You don't know the people you are talking to here. Would you talk to a stranger in the same informal language you use with friends? It's not illegal to talk to a stranger with slang, but it probably wouldn't go so well if you were asking for his help.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:03 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No more personal attacks. I'm not gonna sit here and edit posts. Keep it nice or we'll have to shut it down.

Old 10-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

I'm out of this one. Goodnight guys, play nice.

Awesome truck, LTZ. Wish I had an HD instead, damn IFS.

Old 10-08-2005, 03:23 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks!!! The race truck is alot more fun though!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-08-2005, 12:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: strongtyerYFZ
Originally posted by: XtremeSkier
Wow dude ur acting like this is a sin....

do u think i write like this for school assignments..UHH NO!

i use spell check and i'm not a complete idiot...not real cool to rip on ppl who use internet chat code...

and if u think when ur daughter gets AOL or MSN messenger that she's not gonna use code and say stuff like "lol" "sry" "ppl" "w.e"

i dont even know why i wasted my time posting in this thread
I think you might be taking this the wrong way a little. Im not sure buck thinks its necissary to type with perfect grammar and punctuation. I dont know anyone that uses internet code in an english essay seriously. I think the important point about bucks post is that if you want to be taken seriously you should at least make an effort to use good grammar and post sentances that make sense. Stupid posts often get stupid replies. Many of the respected members of this forum use good grammar. Personally, I havent seen any "bad" posts by you. I think buck is leaning more towards people like, ehlitdew.... hehe.... How many of his posts are taken seriously? Now maybe he just does it for kicks but still. He isnt taken to seriously. Agree?

what so ur more concerned about ppl who type and dont make sense, even then i rarely see ppl that type like that.

guess i'm just used to ppl typing like that

Old 10-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sluggo312
I gotta agree with the bad grammer thing being annoying. I've found that the average age/maturity level on this forum has been steadily dropping over the past year and a half (as long as I've been reading posts). It's been driving me away from this message board. I've been spending much more time on a different forum. It's much more utility quad oriented, the age/maturity level seems much older, and think they do a lot more tech talk, which I like to read.
Ok, I agree that people, kids or not, need to stop being morons and type understandibly, but not talking about something you like just because of these people is taking it a bit too far. Like tyler711 said,

"I think the best way to deal with it is to ignore posts that clearly involved no thought. If no one is listening to them, they'll realize something's up eventually. "

How do you even know that the people typing the crappy grammar are even kids?? Being a kid myself, i hate the steriotypes that we get. We're NOT ALL STUPID!!!!

And, if you don't like the posts, try telling the ones who typed poorly.....you might get a better response.

Quick Reply: Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.