Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.

Originally posted by: Ginnis
Originally posted by: Sluggo312
I gotta agree with the bad grammer thing being annoying. I've found that the average age/maturity level on this forum has been steadily dropping over the past year and a half (as long as I've been reading posts). It's been driving me away from this message board. I've been spending much more time on a different forum. It's much more utility quad oriented, the age/maturity level seems much older, and think they do a lot more tech talk, which I like to read.
Ok, I agree that people, kids or not, need to stop being morons and type understandibly, but not talking about something you like just because of these people is taking it a bit too far. Like tyler711 said,

"I think the best way to deal with it is to ignore posts that clearly involved no thought. If no one is listening to them, they'll realize something's up eventually. "

How do you even know that the people typing the crappy grammar are even kids?? Being a kid myself, i hate the steriotypes that we get. We're NOT ALL STUPID!!!!

And, if you don't like the posts, try telling the ones who typed poorly.....you might get a better response.
good point

Old 10-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

I agree, if someone posts here they need to learn to speak and type correctly. I can see typos, everyone gets one of those everyonce in a while. It gets out of hand though when a whole message is typed in short-hand internet language.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta agree with the bad grammer thing being annoying. I've found that the average age/maturity level on this forum has been steadily dropping over the past year and a half (as long as I've been reading posts). It's been driving me away from this message board. I've been spending much more time on a different forum. It's much more utility quad oriented, the age/maturity level seems much older, and think they do a lot more tech talk, which I like to read.
Ok, I agree that people, kids or not, need to stop being morons and type understandibly, but not talking about something you like just because of these people is taking it a bit too far. Like tyler711 said,

"I think the best way to deal with it is to ignore posts that clearly involved no thought. If no one is listening to them, they'll realize something's up eventually. "

How do you even know that the people typing the crappy grammar are even kids?? Being a kid myself, i hate the steriotypes that we get. We're NOT ALL STUPID!!!!

And, if you don't like the posts, try telling the ones who typed poorly.....you might get a better response.

You just gotta accept the stupid kid stereotypes, though. When I'm driving, I know that if I pass a cop and am doing ANYTHING wrong, I'll likely get pulled over. I'm not a bad kid at all, but I know if I look like I'm doing something wrong, it will be assumed that I am.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: tyler711

You just gotta accept the stupid kid stereotypes, though. When I'm driving, I know that if I pass a cop and am doing ANYTHING wrong, I'll likely get pulled over. I'm not a bad kid at all, but I know if I look like I'm doing something wrong, it will be assumed that I am.
LOL Know what you mean about the cops. When I was a kid I'd get pulled over all the time. I could be in a line of cars going 10 over and it would be me who got pulled over. I started just smoking them all the time (Don't do that though.). If I saw a light bar on the top of a car coming at me at night and there wasn't any traffic I'd drop a couple gears and hammer it so they'd chase me. I never once got caught and the way I justified it was they were harrassing me and they started it. I smoked the cops around here more times than I can count on both hands, but I definetely don't recommend it.

My buddy smoked them and had the exact same car. The cops showe up at his house asking questions the next day. They told him "There's only 2 people around here with that car that would do this. One is you and the other is Jason Eaton and both your plates start with c, which is all we got. We know Jason wasn't even in town that night because we've been watching him."

My wife's family is friends with the prosecuter and the big joke whenever my wife sees him is "So, whats Jay driving these days?"

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Old 10-10-2005, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My friend is going to be taged in winona FAST...he just bought a dodge stealth...hes 18, been in 3 car accidents, has a speeding ticket, and a tail gating ticket...one more and bye bye goes his liscense...on a good note if you order little ceasers in winona you will get your pizza fast..he is the driver for them [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Sparky8370
Originally posted by: tyler711

LOL Know what you mean about the cops. When I was a kid I'd get pulled over all the time. I could be in a line of cars going 10 over and it would be me who got pulled over. I started just smoking them all the time (Don't do that though.). If I saw a light bar on the top of a car coming at me at night and there wasn't any traffic I'd drop a couple gears and hammer it so they'd chase me. I never once got caught and the way I justified it was they were harrassing me and they started it. I smoked the cops around here more times than I can count on both hands, but I definetely don't recommend it.

My buddy smoked them and had the exact same car. The cops showe up at his house asking questions the next day. They told him "There's only 2 people around here with that car that would do this. One is you and the other is Jason Eaton and both your plates start with c, which is all we got. We know Jason wasn't even in town that night because we've been watching him."

My wife's family is friends with the prosecuter and the big joke whenever my wife sees him is "So, whats Jay driving these days?"

"Do as I say, not as I do."
Lol, thanks for the... advice?

Old 10-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

WTH??? i dont have time to read all the pages of replies but i meen, wth? i rite notes to my gf and friends and rite like this basically because its quicker,and im in high skool, u need to find something else to complain about

BLACK STALLION
----------------------

Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackStallion
WTH??? i dont have time to read all the pages of replies but i meen, wth? i rite notes to my gf and friends and rite like this basically because its quicker,and im in high skool, u need to find something else to complain about

BLACK STALLION
----------------------
He's referring to those who post in foreign languages, you know the kind, when you can't understand a word of it. Or when people post BS with the sole intention of angering other members.

Old 10-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

oh wow,we must be really bored to be pissing in the wind about how i type and most of the people on this site.i guess all i can say is you do your thing and i'll do mine.if you don't like reading my post because i don't type right so be it,but then again i don't really care what folks think but some may say thats just the dumb hillbilly coming out of me.god i must be bored to be arging with this[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Blackstallion, I'm in highschool too, and as you can see i was upset about the steriotypes, but I don't think you are not REALLY who these guys were talking about, you're post is readable. Some of these people who post on this website are ridiculous. Just write normaly when you're on here, and you'll have no problem. All they're saying is they would like read posts without breaking out the "Redneck Dictionary: Little Punks Edition."

You know Buck, i don't even know why i was upset, sorry to Sluggo too, I understand what you are talking about. But still, kids are not all like that. I guess you geezers DO know what you're talking about. Haha... ok... I'm done with the old man jokes now.

and last but not least....

Jaggers, man, look at your post. Why exactly are you complaining about this when you use entire words, sentences, and punctuation??? You messed up one thing on your post, and it was only missing a space. Dumb hillbilly or not, you can type pretty well.

Have fun all, and just quit fighting about the little stuff, life's WAY too short. ---Ginnis [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Kids, pay attention. You might learn something.