Great way to take Ride Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 04:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out these photos of two different rides with my older brother, he knows all the greatest no name trails. Our rides are always an adventure. I have a digital camera with a wafer that can take about 320 photos at one time. I would just pass the camera around to the other people and let them shoot. When we got back to the cabin, I’d plug the camera into the TV and run through all the pictures like an old fashioned slide show and it was so cool we went through them about 4 times. Then we put a blank tape in the VCR and ran it again and transferred it to VCR tape. We didn’t add music but could have if we’d thought about bringing a CD or cassette player. Any way, these were some of the ones my oldest son was taking, enjoy. Now I’ll have to get a web site to post more.

http://photos.yahoo.com/axelpeat

1. Someone destroyed this beaver dam not even 6 months ago and now look at it. 6 Feet deep on one side and about a 3 foot drop on the other. Someone made the rack across it for the previous dam and someone else laid it out before we got there. It was very cool.

2. My brother knows all the coolest trails. He also tried taking us down a logging trail/forest road only he and two others had known about. Now 10 years later, the trail (if you can find it) was like a lost treasure. It’s like the forest sucked it back up and that was a cool adventure. No Pictures, they could not do it justice. The forest knows how to take care of itself.

3. That picture tells it all. My brand new 7K bike about to take the plunge. The only thing I was thinking about is if the dam and the bike go down stream, it will be easy for the beavers to build another dam around the bike.

4. I could not believe it !!! What a dam.

5. The bank was too high to get the front tires on it so I had to go into the water. The front left tire held the bank but the back end was going down. Gave her the guts and pulled it out. It was a blast.

6. We did some small trail repair on private land and this was the result. You are looking at a swampy snowmobile trail. We’ll run the same repair about another 50 feet next year.

7. Quick, get your courage back before we hit the trail again.

8. The Ultimate mudder challenge. My boy is right on the edge of a bottomless mud hole. My brother-in-law in the back ground had just come out of burying his bike, waist deep, how did he keep it running? Sorry, it’s private land.

Old 10-30-2000, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Great Photos, where were you riding? This looks similar to my favorite riding spot.

Old 10-30-2000, 07:41 PM
Range Rover

Fishbones:
Great photos. And love your commentary. Looks like lots of fun

shmoky

Old 10-31-2000, 02:52 PM
Range Rover

hiofcer, North of Grand Rapids. Really good riding. It's worth 4 hours to get there.

Take Care,

Old 10-31-2000, 02:54 PM
Range Rover

shmoky, It was such a blast. I'd like to video a few times next year as well.

Take Care

Old 11-01-2000, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider

Where is your favorite spot? Fishbones pictures looks like much of our great state. Come on now share!

Old 11-01-2000, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

My favorite spot is in Outing MN. The Land O' Lakes State forest. I beleive it's called Moose river ATV trail.

The only reason it sounded familiar was the destroyed beaver dam.

Old 11-01-2000, 12:11 PM
Range Rover

trailboss450, I've never ridden the same trail twice as of 560 miles. Can't wait until next spring. I put it away for the deer hunters, it's just not worth the ride if you wreck someone else's sport. Some of that was on the Munger, SOO line, and farm but it's alway's an adventure. Still looking for my favorite trail. Did go to Iron River, WI and that was really great. I'm in search of old trails that have been grown over or have had windfall (down and go around trails) that need fixing. Any takers???