Should I get rid of the Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I get rid of the Harley?

I'm thinking about selling my Harley, and putting the money towards a Sea Doo challenger. I'd be able to bring the whole family out on it. I talked about it with my wife and she thinks it would be a good idea, but doesn't think I should do it because I'd regret it. It would only be with the understanding that when we can afford it, I'll get another Harley. But that wouldn't be for quite a few years as we've got a 1 year old son. I'll have to get him a four wheeler in a few years, and my daughter is passed due for one as well as a sled. So I'm guessing about 10 years, unless I settle for something less than a Harley. Then probably 5 or 6 years.

Old 03-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! don't do it. i'd like a SeaDoo, too, but a Harley for a Sea Doo? NOOOO

monty

Old 03-13-2006, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

no, trust me 20 years from now ur wish u still had it

Old 03-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm getting a lot of mixed responses on another forum. It wouldn't be a sea doo jet ski, it's a boat.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

The boats cool. But sometimes you just need your alone time. You cant get that with a boat.

Old 03-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider

After talking to people, and the responses I've gotten here and on dootalk I think I'll just fix my old boat. I'll have the best of all worlds. I'll keep my Harley, and still have a boat.

Old 03-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

You mean you already HAVE a boat and you were going to get rid of your Harley for ANOTHER boat?
Thank goodness you thought it through... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

The boat I have now is a 1988. It's a 17.5 foot bowrider. I had taken the seats out because they were cracking, and I was going to have them reupholstered. I left them and the bimini top beside the boat on the ground. I totally forgot that I didn't bring them in, and never thought much of it. I ended up leaving them sitting in wet dirt and leaves for the better part of a year. I also left my boat uncovered after going though it and cleaning everything spotless. The seats, and frames, are all junk now and the boat is filthy. I just checked and it will cost me around $500 for all the seats except the ones in the bow. They won't be as nice as what was in there, but it will get me on the lake. I will also have to re-carpet it and have the bow seats reupholstered, as I can't find cheap generic ones for the bow. All in all, I think it's gonna cost me about $1000 to get this thing lake worthy again.

I had just given up hope because I was frusterated and wanted a brand new one that I wouldn't have to f with. But even just considering getting rid of the Harley was tearing me up inside. But I do need to get the boat going so the whole family can enjoy something together. I have a motorcycle, 2 quads, and a snowmobile for myself so it would be too selfish of me not to have something for the whole family to do together. I'd like to get them all quads and sleds, but that'll be pretty expensive. Plus my son is still one, he can have fun on the boat but he still has at least another 6 months before I'd put him on a quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep the harley, Or it will come back to haunt ya.................

Old 03-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I'm gonna keep it. Even the wife is telling me to keep it, because I'll regret it. Maybe it's because she had mentioned the idea of me selling it before, and was always met with "I'll live in a cardboard box before I get rid of it." The only reason I even considered it is because I've only been able to put a little mileage on it the last couple years. This year it wasn't even enough to change the oil, and I change it every 2000 miles.

Quick Reply: Should I get rid of the Harley?