Last Rebel Racing Co. fraud

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2000, 02:05 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody belive this Cobb? I don't! He's as big as fraud as the rest of those crooks. He says he quit as soon as he knew what was going on. Bull! He's been there a long time, and he knew what he was doing. Here's to Cobb on the diabled list! Permanently!

Old 02-10-2000, 02:12 AM
Range Rover

Track the son of a guns down since someone said they knew where they now worked or were starting there own business and beat the liven tar out of em when they get off work. Or you could just track em down and demand your money back ASAP or 1 you will commence to squashing their heads or 2 you will announce to there customers and employees or employers about the dirty deed they did. Just my .02.

Old 02-10-2000, 02:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How many people in this world COULD have the e-mail address Quadcobb@aol.com. I think the fact he does have that e-mail address alone lends to the authenticity factor. That statement looked pretty sincere to me. I never bought anything from LRR, so I didn't loose any money from that event. I have had my car broke into, in my freaking driveway, so I know well what it's like to have something stolen/taken. But if I were you, I'd ask the CC companies if they can do anything, if not... then go with the best thing you've got, the seemingly sincere apologies of someone who had at one point been associated with the company who wronged you, and also note that he is detaching himself as much as possible from that wrong doing.

Old 02-10-2000, 07:36 AM
Trailblazer

get in touch with your State Attorney General Office - consumer fraud division. evidentally these people had an ongoing fraud placed upon it's customers and this would affect the bankruptcy petition

Old 02-14-2000, 04:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I think all you folks that got burned should compare notes, WHEN were you all ripped off ? How many weeks of phone calls to this place before this "cobb" guy "discovered" that customers were getting cheated ?
Also, call the B.B.B and or state biz license office and find out if this "cobb" guys name shows up.
Sounded like he was sincerly sorry, but I wouldn't let him off the hook just yet, untill I had checked into it for myself.......

Old 02-26-2000, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I ordered a Lonestar Racing frame from Last Rebel. Thank god Lonestar is helping people get what they ordered even though the staff at Last Rebel Racing tried to screw people over. I also ordered a Last Rebel case saver and was billed for it and never received it. Eric Cobb and Kip both gave me the run-around, BUYING TIME!!! For Eric Cobb to say he knew nothing about this is an insult to peoples intelligence. These two jokers tarnished the reputations of honest business' in the ATV sport. In my personal opinion, these two people should be banned from anything related to the ATV sport.

Old 02-26-2000, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I too was taken by Last Rebel. I ordered their
shocks back in early december. When I ordered, I
talked to Eric Cobb. He was extremely helpful. He told me that it would be atleast 6-8 weeks before I would recieve my $1600+ shocks. He also told me to check back with them around mid january. Thats when I realized something was going on . I contacted the credit card company and hopefully will have my account credited. A few weeks after all this went down, I recieved a letter from Last Rebel saying that my account will be credited
$1600+. This was a lie . They never credited my account.
I learned a good lesson. I hope these people get caught and get what they deserve. I am pursuing this and I hope that anyone else who has been taken by them does also.

ronnoc47
'88 trx 250r
"00 trx 400ex

Old 02-26-2000, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

If Eric Cobb is now working for Trinity, I sure won't be doing business with them at any time. I hope the word gets out about him and Kip.

Old 02-28-2000, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer

It only seems fitting that he goes to work for Trinity another bunch of thieves

Old 02-28-2000, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Thankfully, I have never had any dealings with Last Rebel Racing. I feel truly sorry for you guys that got ripped off. However, you really need to take your complaints to areas beyond the scope of this message board. By this I mean writing to magazines like Dirt Wheels, 4 Wheel Action, and ATV Sport. You all have legitimate arguments and they should be heard by all so write into those magazines. It seems that they always print these types of letters so that all readers can be forewarned. Unfortunately, for you all that got the shaft it is too late and thank god that LRR is already out of business but the warning to really watch out would be nice. It is unfortunate that the industry which is booming right now had to come to this. Also, don't be so quick to accept the apology of Erik Cobb. It may be genuine but I am a little skeptic myself. Someone that has been in the business that long could not be so naive as to overlook the shortcomings of a company that he was a very large part of. I am not sure what other actions can be taken beyond making a few phone calls to credit card companies, but you can definitely prove the credibility of those individuals that ripped you off by spreading the word in the ATV community.

Quick Reply: Last Rebel Racing Co. fraud