kazuma 110 caught fire with my 11 year old daugher on it today!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kazuma 110 caught fire with my 11 year old daugher on it today!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]hey all kazuma owners just wanted to tell my story about my daughters 4wheeler! We bought 2 kazuma 110s for our girls for Christmas 9mos. ago and have only had the opportunity to ride them for about 20 hours and this weeekend they were riding them in a field and out of nowhere one of them caught fire with her on it! She was able to get off before it really became ingulfed with flames but what if she got caught with her shoe strings or something else? My girls are 11 and 13 years old we heard them running up the driveway screaming that it was on fire and within 3min. or so it was completely on fire with flames about 15 feet high and luckily we had a fire extinguisher or the entire area would have been on fire! We thought this brand would be safe enough for them considering they only ride for a short period of time, boy were we wrong!!!!! We are parents who are strict on saftey and were more worried about them hitting bumps too hard or be smacked by a branch never thinking this would happen! We called the dealer who sold them to us and he said oh well there is only a 90day warranty on those bike so basicly saying after spending $2000 on these that all we can have is 9mos. and 20hours of ride time!!expensive riding huh!!!!!We will keep this site poted to what happens thanks for listening!

Old 09-24-2007, 10:20 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All my friends who have bought these "off brand" machines have had nothing but greif...buyer beware!

Yet, you will see posts by folks who have their heart set on getting one of these, and they just won't listen to reason!

Old 09-24-2007, 10:24 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Sorry to hear about the fire. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I also remember a few Polaris models have been prone to fires.

So maybe they should stop making them in China too.

Anyway, did you buy them locally, or from a place online?

Any clues what may have caused it?

Old 09-24-2007, 11:12 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Insurance, next quads you get, insure them!
It's not overly expensive and you can get it to cover theft, fire and collision!
I won't ride without it!

Old 09-25-2007, 11:01 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]You are so right i now am seeing the light due to this site!! there are too many blasters on these chinese made atvs and i wish i wouldve researched them more now!!!!!

Old 09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: torchedkazuma

[img][/img]You are so right i now am seeing the light due to this site!! there are too many blasters on these chinese made atvs and i wish i wouldve researched them more now!!!!!</end quote></div>

I'm glad your girl was not hurt....

This is not the first time I've heard of this. Of course any gas powered machine could catch fire. But usually it is on rollover of accident or something. But this is the 3rd time I've read on here about a Chinese machine catching fire while riding upright.

I recall a couple years back a guy said his kid's machine caught fire while it was idling down the trail and nearly engulfed the kid. Another rider told of how his a-arm just broke in half while riding down a trail.

I'm glad you are finally seeing the light, but I'm sorry it too this incident for you to find it.... But this is why I harp on these cheap ATVs... I don't want to see people get hurt because of cheap machine failures....

Our sport gets enough bad press without them having this ammo to fire in the air...

Old 10-03-2007, 05:47 PM
Elite Pro Rider

All it will take is just one forest fire caused by these POS's and we'll all be banned from riding public trails.

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

The Second Amendment provides the means for citizens to rectify problems with an oppressive, dictatorial government - that's why it worries McCain so much...

Old 06-11-2008, 11:34 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad she's okay.

The Chinese factories are full of little kids, slaves and prisoners. They don't care what happens to us. If you don't believe in slavery or child labor then don't buy Chinese junk. If you think I'm exaggerating then just Google "child labor", "Chinese slavery" and Chinese labor law violations".