WAKE up CALL

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:01 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default WAKE up CALL

I don't mean to come across as an "old Fart", or Parent type,......But sometimes, we need to slow down and think about what we're doing out there. We get so comfortable with our skills at riding that we take it all for granted. ......Sometimes we need a "Wake up Call" that we're not invincible............Don't know the story on this, but it sure sobered me up in a hurry.
........Doc
Very Graphic Pictures

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default WAKE up CALL

HOLY FRICKIN CRAP..........................he looks like he's sleepin

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default WAKE up CALL

wow, that's amazing that someone would post something like that!! especially stealing the photo from another site! Very very bad taste Dr

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default WAKE up CALL

moral of the story.........................dont buy a Honda rancher

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:31 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default WAKE up CALL

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bankshot

wow, that's amazing that someone would post something like that!! especially stealing the photo from another site! Very very bad taste Dr</end quote></div>

What's the point that you're trying to make........This was sent to me by E-mail by a patient that knows I ride. If this is a little too graphic for your delicate side, I'm sorry. I didn't do this to "Grand Stand" or disgust,........But to say,..."Wear your gear, be Careful,.....this is a fun sport, but it too can Kill"
..........Doc

Old 04-18-2008 | 11:41 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default WAKE up CALL

This is a more appropriate area for this thread.

The others:

Duplicate Messages--please don't post the same message more than once and in multiple forums.

Old 04-19-2008 | 10:07 AM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Default WAKE up CALL

One word - Pavement.

Two words - No helmet.

Do it enough and the odds will get you every time.

Jaybee

Old 04-19-2008 | 10:25 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Default WAKE up CALL

WOW!!!

Thanks for the post DrBlackbird.

Caption under pic could be "dress for the crash, not the ride"

Old 04-19-2008 | 03:36 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default WAKE up CALL

This guy isn't wearing even one single piece of safety gear! A helmet and a neck brace minimum, might very well have saved this guys life???? What this guy probably did was commit suicide by stupidity!!!

It doesn't hurt either to reherse what you will do if you sense your machine is going to roll. I know everybody always harps on the "speed kills" thing, but the worst accidents I have seen have been big heavy utilities that tried to make some hill and ran out of traction, and rolled sitting still at a bad angle with the rider still on them.

For some reason, around here the huge utilities seem to appeal to the senior citizen set, who are the group least able to handle a big heavy machine in a rollover.

Old 04-21-2008 | 12:28 AM
Range Rover
Default WAKE up CALL

if this is amazing to you, then maybe you shouldn't look at the photos. Doc. is right, lots of people need to see more photos like these. espically the younger riders so they may think a little harder before they wanna show off in front of their friends or something. Thanks for the pics Doc. they are a TRUE wake up call.......................shea................... ...

Quick Reply: WAKE up CALL