No one ever told me that ridding and ATV can be dangerous?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No one ever told me that ridding and ATV can be dangerous?

I had one minor incident. I was on a narrow trail in the woods and going around a sharp corner. There was part of a stump sticking out from the brush around the corner and I came to a VERY immediate stop. I hit the handlebars and ripped my shirt and had a couple sore ribs for a few days, but no damage to the machine. I never even saw the stump until after I got off wondering "WTF was that?!"

I also rolled a snowmobile off the side of a trailer while attempting to load it up. If someone had a video camera rolling, that would have been a good one for America's Funniest Home Videos.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im 51 years old and have been riding dirt bikes and ATVs for 41 years..I had a few small injuries/falls [none that took me to the hospital] when I was a kid, but as an adult, I've had no mishaps or injuries..In fact, im a ORV Safety Director in Michigan.

One of the first things that many newtimers make when they buy their first ATV is that they dont take the time of day to familerize themselves WITH their machine..Most think that the ATV is going to handle ''just like their automobile''...This could'nt be further from the truth..

It is each operators RESPONSIBILITY to know their OWN limitation and the capabilities of the ATV they are operating..When an operator goes OUTSIDE of these guidelines, thats a recipe for DIASASTER!

Take TIME to get aquainted with your ATV and the terrains that you will be riding on..Learn its handling charateristics on various types of terrains. With time, your skill level and perception skills will advance to a new level..

Old 03-26-2009, 07:59 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anytime I've ever been hurt or been in an accident with an ATV or dirtbike, it is because I was pushing my abilities and else goofing off and not making smart judgments. It is NEVER the machine's fault, YOU are in control of it.

Ride responsible and take your time. If you want to go fast and push the limit, then you must take responsibility if you get injured.

And a Predator is not a machine to have for a complete rookie. Please do not blame the machine.