Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv

I can't find the link to the Ford techs website at the moment but go check out dieselstop.com And see all of the complaints from the owners and then check out how they chastise one another for saying their truck( engine ) has problems. The 7.3 was a great engine with a few minor problems here and there like engine cackle and such but nothing like the 6.0. I haven't talked to any Duramax owners and I haven't been on their website forums to see what all issues they are having. My Cummins like the the other 25000 members of the TDR has been troublefree except for the #$%^ Liftpump that Dodge refuses to acknowledge is a problem on 98.5 and newer trucks. But that is the only problem on my truck in 115,000 miles and my truck has been turned up 3/4s of those miles. We are going to become a 2 Dodge family before long as even my Wife enjoys the Ram better than the little high 13 second Supercharged Buick Regal we also have. I still think the Ford Superduty is the second best looking truck on the market behind the 2500 and 3500 series Dodge Rams. I never been a big fan of the appearance of the havalunch from Chevy but at least it is available with the 8.1 engine. That would be cool. The Cummins maybe the best engine but the Ford still has more cab room in their 4 door if you need it.

Old 06-27-2003, 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

13 second Regal....that sounds like a good sleeper.....especially to all those youngins out there with those crazy sounding sneez pipe cars. lol! What have you done to that car to make it run those numbers?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-28-2003, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

Yeah, go to www.thedieselstop.com, and you can go to the forums and check out some of the problems.Here is a link to the forum you should look at: http://forums.thedieselstop.com/ubbt...2003Drivetrain

Here is the website for the chevy diesel guys too: http://www.62-65-dieselpage.com/

And here is the dodge diesel website: www.turbodieselregister.com

Im guessing the cummins and the powerstroke will be a close one on which is sold, but i would guess the duramax will sell less than the powerstroke and the cummins.I believe the cummins is probably the best motor out of the 3. I go to a diesel show every year called diesel extravaganza in terre haute indiana where they have drag races, truck pulls, and they run them on the dyno, and the cummins/dodge trucks always win EVERY event they have every year ive been! I think ford made a big mistake going to the new 6.0L from the 7.3, but one way or the other, you cant beat a 5.9 cummins in my opinion.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-30-2003, 02:58 PM
Range Rover

Yeah, you gotta love the regals. One of my friends familys owns 4 of them. its great to go around town smoking vettes mustangs and all those rice cars that think their fast. As far as the trucks go, give my a cyclone for $20,000 and that extra $50,000 ya'll are gonna spend on that new dodge srt 10 and I'll show you a truck that will beat the pants off all supercars as far as acceleration is concerned. Or I could just buy a Duramax to go with the Cyclone then id have the fastest and the best hauler, especially when you consider i would still have several thousand left over after buying both to do modifications.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Oh yeah, and what was dodge thinking when they put the pig nose on the new trucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img].

Old 06-30-2003, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

I remeber those GM Cyclones...what was the other one? There was a truck and a blazer type. Can't remeber which was which. Weren't those like 4.4 0-60? Those things hauled ***...

Old 06-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

The Blazer looking one was the Typhoon, the Cyclone was the truck. I remember when they first came out they were comparing them to Ferraris.

Old 07-01-2003, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

TYPHOON...that's right. I was kicking myself for not being able to remember the name. Knew it had something to do with somekind of storm. Thanks.

On a Deisel site I visit often, one guy has a Cummins w/ 750 HP and over 1500 ft lbs. of torque. Wonder if that new POS 6.0 could handle that kind of power.....

Old 07-01-2003, 07:50 PM
Range Rover

I VERY VERY seriously doubt that PADZZ! It wouldnt hold together if it had that much hp and torque. Have you seen the difference in the connecting rod size between a powerstroke and a cummins? The cummins is probably twice the size! By the way..... how many V-8 diesels do you see in big rigs?....Not many, How many I-6 engines do you see in big rigs?.....A LOT!!!!!

Old 07-03-2003, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of cars, have you seen the new M5 with the V-10...over 500 HP! Take that over any Vette/Stang etc.

Old 07-31-2003, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

Check out the new Motor Trend..has good info on the new Lighning and Dodge. The V-10 Dodge w/ 505HP & 525 lb-ft is sweet. They give the advantage to the SRT-10 since the Dodge is offered w/ a 6 spd manual and not an auto like the Ford.

Quick Reply: Ford Lightning vs Dodge Hemi / sporty truck to pull atv