2000 335 Speedometer trouble - Page 5 - ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community

Old 03-11-2017, 07:35 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Your model has the terminal board in the center. All you do is trace the gray shift switch wire to the board. Unplug it and insert it in the red/white terminal section.This should allow the awd button to work. On the throttle cable you can check it under the panel also for any binding.If you ever run into me just buy me an iced tea.. Terminal board is item #39.
Attached Thumbnails
2000 335 Speedometer trouble-3f22b7c14c994dae1ba16afc4f20f6306e08dcd8.png  
Old 03-11-2017, 07:10 PM
Trailblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by old polaris tech View Post
Your model has the terminal board in the center. All you do is trace the gray shift switch wire to the board. Unplug it and insert it in the red/white terminal section.This should allow the awd button to work. On the throttle cable you can check it under the panel also for any binding.If you ever run into me just buy me an iced tea.. Terminal board is item #39.
I got one culprit out of the way - the throttle was sticking because of some ugly aftermarket grips that were making it bind. I jerked them out of the way in a hurry.

The gray wire thing is giving me a fit, though. I am trying to follow any wiring from the shifter but I see and feel no wires whatsoever. Under the hood I see bigger gray wires that lead to the 2 terminals that I grounded the brown wires the other night. Those 2 blocks have a bigger gray wire coming into each one and a jumper gray wire to each other.

And I'm sorry - is the terminal block on the left here in the photo? I see a white and red striped wire on the right but just a solid red on the left.

Old 03-11-2017, 07:13 PM
Trailblazer

Better shot of the wire cluster on the right side.
Old 03-12-2017, 05:17 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Look to the upper left of the items in your pics that show the wiring from the stator to the cdi and coil. If you have the 2000 model should be a terminal board I showed on the thumbnail pic.There you can find the wires that run from the board to the gear shifter switch.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:17 PM
Trailblazer

Quote:
Look to the upper left of the items in your pics that show the wiring from the stator to the cdi and coil. If you have the 2000 model should be a terminal board I showed on the thumbnail pic.There you can find the wires that run from the board to the gear shifter switch.
It just got out of the 20s at night so I can work with it now - I'll get a picture to you soon. I was going to try to change the brake pads - and rounded off one of the wheel lugs. Are there some better replacement lugs with higher walls besides these little ones that are hard to grip?
Old 03-19-2017, 08:01 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!

Never had any problems with these 9/16"(14mm) lug nuts. Use PB blaster or liquid wrench.
Old 03-28-2017, 10:49 PM
Trailblazer

Quote:
Never had any problems with these 9/16"(14mm) lug nuts. Use PB blaster or liquid wrench.
I ended up having to chisel the lug nut off because the lug thread apparently was damaged. Got the brake pads all replaced and got rid of the squeal in the front end! I also replaced all the small lug nuts with bigger ones that are very easy to get off.

I hope to get under the hood this weekend to check on this 4wd problem - I'll try to get a picture up here.