Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Hasnt Changed

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2000, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Things havent changed since I was a kid,I had Hondas,Hodakas,Yamahas,etc.Have also rode with all of the above. Now I have come to a conclusion its not Hondas or Yamahas that I dont like or any of the other brands they all make good solid fun to ride quads.
What I dont like is the highly opinonated riders that think they know everything about other peoples quads. Heck I've seen two volunteer firemen fight over who put out the most fire so Im used to seeing stupid agruments but Im tired of it I guess. We should be working on keeping our public riding areas open. So lets stop fighting over my quad being better than yours and just ride. And one more thing we have a few over here that are just as bad just so you dont think I didnt know.

Old 05-30-2000, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Agreed!
These guys that post "mine is better than yours" just to start a fight need to get a hobby.

Old 05-30-2000, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider

I'll tell you what else hasn't changed, most of the dealers. When I went shopping for a quad, I could not believe the arrogance of most of the dealers. It seems like if you're not a racer who's in their shop every week, they just turn their nose up at you. I was in one shop & really close to buying one of their machines & the sales guy was too busy B---S---- ing with a regular about the last weekend to give me the time of day. Most of the dealers base their selling methods on bashing all the other makes. Needless to say, I gave my $6,000 to a dealer who greeted me when I came in the door & honestly helped me pick out a quad without bashing all the other quads. He encouraged me to go to the other dealers & test ride theirs before buying.

Old 05-30-2000, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

I don't mind competitiveness, what bothers me is people getting mad and saying stuff like I'm gonna come to where you live and kick your a$$. Without some bashing, we would all be grandmaws. I mean, everybody usually likes to take one side or another. Just like baseball; Say I like the Braves and somebody else likes the Cubs. We have different tastes, but still love the game. Same with wheelers. I love my sp500, just like my buddy loves his Honda. We can talk trash to each other, but we're still friends and love riding. As long as we're not guilty of doing nothing but bashing, and as long as it is friendly bashing, I find nothing wrong with it.

Old 05-30-2000, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

I agree I think we should ignore the posts, bashing any atv's. I know what you mean about some of the dealers and there attitudes, My dealer is awesome, honest decent people. I thought the Dodge Chevy and Ford rivalry was bad enough, but this forum makes that small in comparison. Was in a club , a guy was bad mouthing Ford trucks, we were defending them , I asked him if he had actually owned a ford truck. He said yeah in 1963! He tried to say that New ford trucks, the body was spot welded on in 3 places! That his "Friends" had blown off the frame. I think allot of people that bash in this forum are that guy, basing there opinions on years ago or one story they heard. Or really nothing at all. Was out riding, last sunday met up with 3 scramblers a Banshee and a 400 ex all riding together, all smiling and all totally covered im mud! Just the way it shoud be

Old 05-30-2000, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I wish you could see the "Sled City" snowmobile site that ChickenMan found! It had personal attacks and bashing extroidinaire.

Old 05-30-2000, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

What i really hate is you get these guys that's been on the forums for 3 days and they have 5 post and all of them are just bashing!

Old 05-30-2000, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

Last year at the 1999 Rocky Mountain ATV Jamboree
Mud-bogs, a "stock" Yamaha Wolverine won. That's right, a limited-slip front end machine beat all "true" 4x4's and everyone else for that matter. How????
It's all rider knowing his or her machine.

Everyone of us is different.
All of our needs are different.
Every model, by every manufacture is different.
So how in the world can someone, who has never met you....tell you what they think is crap, or what "you" should buy?
They can't.....

Point being....find what suits "you" best. Buy it, ride it, maintain it, and love it. We are all in this sport together.

Chris

Old 05-30-2000, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

Yeap, it does get old. I like the comment about the new guy to the forum who is stirring up trouble.

Its the old Chevy vs Ford arguement.

Old 05-30-2000, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

Ive noticed the same thing with some of the new guys less than 5 post all bashing. Competition with each other is great but some people go to far. Quads are about fun and togetherness for families and friends,(hold on a minute Ive got to wipe a tearoff my cheek)There isnt a running quad out there that we cant have fun on. Heck me and my brothers used to climb inside barrels and roll down hills and man was that fun.
Ok back to the subject I guess we should ignore the bashing and should expect it to get worse now that schools out.
As Paul Harvey would say Good Day