Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman Hunter Package Mismatch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman Hunter Package Mismatch?

Hello all. Just got a new 2004 Sportsman 500 Hunter edition and I love it. weird thing though..I ordered some accessories like a seat cover, hand guards and front bag, all in the same pattern (Shadow Grass) that the ATV is decked out in. What's weird about that? My ATV looks like green shadow grass and all of the accesories look like they are tan/brown, so they don't really match. Any ideas on why?

Old 12-13-2003, 09:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

sounds to me like you bought a Mossy-oak Sportsman and ordered Wetlands Camo stuff for it.

a few years ago Polaris offered a Ducks Edition which featured Wetlands Camo. i know, i owned one! LOL! it had tan/brown colors.

why don't you order the Polaris stuff? y go aftermarket? it'll match! in fact, most Polaris Dealers will give you a big discount on parts/extras because you bought the quad from them.

-MT

Old 12-13-2003, 05:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nope...the pattern actually says Shadow Grass on the quad itself, as did it say on the Invoice! And all this stuff is Pure polaris....it's just weird!

Old 12-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

you don't own a Shadow Grass ATV! it's Mossy-Oak Camo!(different color leaves)

you have the wrong stuff!

Shadow Grass is more than likely for the Duck's Edition from years prior.

if you order Polaris products, i'm sure you'll get the right stuff.

-MT

Old 12-13-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Strange, they only mention Mossy Oak Break Up Camo for the Sportsmans on the Polaris website. I didn't realize they offered the Shadow Grass pattern.

Old 12-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

V8s10,
it doesn't say "Shadow Grass" on your 700, does it?

doesn't say it on mine.

i don't think this guy knows what he's talking about.... in fact, i've never heard of a "hunter edition" Sportsman before.....there's no such model.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

Mine says Mossy Oak Breakup. I looked on the Polaris website, but all I could find were the Mossy Oak Camo models.

Old 12-14-2003, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

MTpockets, Yes, I in fact do know what I am talking about. And no, it is not on the Polaris website, but please call your local Polaris dealer and ask them if they offer a Hunter Edition Sportsman 500 HO for 2004. They will answer you yes. When shopping for mine, I checked out 4 dealers, and they all knew what i wanted as soon as I said Hunter edition, as that is what the 1st dealer I spoke with called it. Hey, you're from MA, so call Mirak Polaris, Polaris of Nashua, or Hooksett Kawasaki, and they will all be able to tell you that there is a Hunter Edition...it's on Nashua's website.

The Hunter edition has Mossy Oak SHADOW GRASS pattern. In fact, it says SHADOW GRASS right under "Mossy Oak", as Mossy Oak is the brand, and SHADOW GRASS is the pattern. The hunter edition comes with heated hand grips, heated thumb throttle, standard 2500 lb winch, Camo rims, and a matted finish on the piping. Not much different from the mossy oak pattern regular Sportsman, but somewhat.

Take a look at this link, and notice the choice for Shadow Grass. http://www.purepolaris.com/detail.aspx?ItemID=2872078(PolarisPGACatalog)&Cate gory=ATVPureEscapePackages(PolarisPGACatalog)&Depa rtment=ATV(PolarisPGACatalog)

All of my accessories are straight from the Pure Polaris website, but they do not match. More than happy to take a digital pic of the ATV and show you that it says Shadow Grass all over it!