Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

brand new 03 trailblazer made loud noise and

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brand new 03 trailblazer made loud noise and

My sons brand new 03 trailblazer made a loud squealing noise then cut off...When I got on and tried to start it up it was making a bad noise in the clutch case.It seemed that the belt was flopping around in there.We were a long way from home so I had to see if I could take off the clutch cover and put the belt back on.I was able to get the cover off enough to get the belt back on..I put the cover back on and started it up...Everything seemed fine at first then another loud flopping noise again..I cut the engine off and here I go again taking the cover off again...This time I was going to take it completely off so i could see what was going on..Once I got it off I noticed a large piece of rubber laying in the bottom of the clutch case..After careful looking for what it could be I found it to be the rubber seal for the back of the clutch case.I removed it and put the case back together.This time it started up and ran fine.I guess I will be taking it in for service..
I have a 2000 trailblazer and I have ridden it hard for 4 years and never had a problem.........

Has this happened to any of you before...Is this a 03 problem????
What could have coused this??? any Ideas???
Do you think that it could have damaged something else???
This was not good to see your son broke down on his second ride on his new quad.
Thanks

Old 01-04-2004, 10:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

First off welcome to the forums! I have a 03 scrambler,same thing just different engine i have never had this problem or heard of it before...

Humm i dunno what it could be...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

good luck man ride safe...

Old 01-04-2004, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

could be just one of those things.. id definitly take it to your dealer and have them check it out... free of course.

Old 01-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your replies...
I hope its nothing...
I guess if its going to happen its better to happen while its still under warranty!

Old 01-04-2004, 11:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol.. ya thats the best time for everything to break.. you may be mad cause its new and broken.. buts its free to get fixed!

Old 01-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Range Rover

Sounds like the belt is riding to high in the clutch and rolling out. Might be something in the secondary setup. Did it make the noise on acceleration or on deaccleration? Was there any particular thing you did that made it pop off? If the clutches are out of line or you have a broken spring you will have problems. Probably a simple fix but time consuming none the less. Hope things work out in your favor. Jay

Old 01-05-2004, 12:43 AM
Weekend Warrior

polarisboy2,
My son was riding it and he accelerated up a small hill made about a 3 foot jump letting off in the air.When he landed the loud squealing sound started.....
Also when I was riding it that morning I noticed it would make a roaring sound in the clutch cover when it hit mid range speed and up..I thought this was odd Becouse my 2000 don't do that.I cannot remember if it did that when it was new or not...I was a little concerned so I went and got my other sons brand new 03 trailblazer 250...It made the same roaring sound so i thought it was normal.....
Is it normal for there to be a hum or roar inside the clutch cover when it is new????