Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 400 Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 400 Reviews

I have got a 2002 Sportsman 400
Works the best, I would say it is the best riding 4X4 out there and has the best gound clearence, the new Yamaha Grissly has got a bit more but at the hich it is still the same hight as the middle, ware as the sportsman has 14" at the hitch, I also really like the 4X4 system on the new polaris, By far the best, automatic and the best most sturdy desine, compact right in the front hub, very light. Althogh the machine is hevier than others, the weight is put it the right spots, tranie, engie cooling, and others. and i must say that these engines are built very well, ball berings evrey ware, crank, tanie, tranafersace. most use busing style friction berings. and a very good cooling system, water and oil, and pumped oil at that, very good the the lasting of the engine, desined as well if not better that a car engine, also 4 valves very nice exrta power big time. They also have the best braking system ever, one handle dose all, very even and smoth. some people still say with the old hondas are the best deal, they are but you have to think of how far behind they are in there technoloy Drum Rear Break's Sitll !!! come on eh. The CV desine is really nice to, hevy duty CV rubber boots, as well as lager CV joints, much biger that the ones put on Yamaha's.

I would also say that the 500 H.O. dose have quite a bit more horsepower. I would have rather got it that the 400 but I am sill very happy with the 400.

I would say that the polais is the catalac of all ATV. And for the record Argos suck ***.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 400 Reviews

gooseman,

The dealer has tried larger jets in one of my buddies and didn't fix it, they called Polaris hot line and they said they have been getting calls on this and are trying to figure out what the problem is. They think the fuel pump is too small. they got one on order for him, should know results this week.