Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

FMF vs. DG silencers

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FMF vs. DG silencers

question, when i finally buy a pipe for my scrambler, would a FMF Turbine Core 2 pipe be any different/better than the DG silencer that i already have? thanks..

Old 06-17-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

fmf silencer tend to be quiter for some reason.

Old 06-17-2004, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FMF won't make u gain any power.

Old 06-17-2004, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

If you are not Unhappy with your DG silencer, then keep it, at least untill you find the noise level is too much to take, or not low enough to get into your favorite riding area.
The one nice thing about the turbine core II is that it is USF legal (Spark Arrested)
If you DG unit is then don't worry about it. My experience is that you had to buy a SPARKY to make the DG unit USF legal.

Old 06-17-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

I have the DG, it is not spark arrested, and it is loud! If you don't mind spending money, go ahead and get theFMF. I like my DG, but a few db. lower would be great. I think that it is at about 98db or greater. Most state laws are 94db., at least here in Michigan it is...

Old 06-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

i dont have any problems or dislikes about the DG, its just that i was thinking about getting the FMF from yammaslamma since its spark arrested, but since i dont have any problems with my DG, and it still looks brand new, i think im just gonna keep the DG..thanks for the opinions everybody!

Old 06-17-2004, 11:55 PM
RAJ
Pro Rider

I really like my FMF silencer, and my FMF pipe. Big FMF fan here....if you can not already tell by the pictures. I don't give a $hit what anyone says about FMF. Some people will say you will not gain anything by going with FMF.......BULL$HIT........

Old 06-18-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

that is just noise man...not power.

Old 06-18-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RAJ
I really like my FMF silencer, and my FMF pipe. Big FMF fan here....if you can not already tell by the pictures. I don't give a $hit what anyone says about FMF. Some people will say you will not gain anything by going with FMF.......BULL$HIT........
There are people on this forum that have used many different product and have learned from experience what works, AND WHAT WORKS WELL.

Some will learn from others mistakes, some will have to learn for themselves, and some will live in denial.

Old 06-18-2004, 01:25 AM
RAJ
Pro Rider

What Ever head027. I seen the power gain. Before I bought the Gnarly pipe I asked people on here and they said HPD, and Hot Seat. I don't get on here and dogg other peoples $hit. I don't know anything about HPD BUT I do about Hot Seat.....buddy of mine has a hot seat pipe and it is junk and looks like a BIG TURD sticking out.

Me and him raced when mine was stock....he beat me by 4 quads and then I piped and jetted and I smoked his @ss bad. So I know a K&N, and jetts does not have that much to do with it.

And if it is just noise......and i'm in denial, Line them up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda funny when you go to the drag strip and 80% has FMF pipes HUH?

Quick Reply: FMF vs. DG silencers