Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

HotShot 90 is new

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HotShot 90 is new

Hey everyone i'm new here. I got a Polaris Sportsman 90 used for 600.00, just about 5 months ago. I live in the country around a lot of forests, so its awesome riding with my bro timmy. I figured out that quads like mine are not made by polaris, but a company named ETON, and the "polaris" models don't have lights installed. Wow, me and timmy fixed that up. We installed a custom job on my quad. A 55 amp tractor light fixed right in the head. I know my alternator wouln't handle it, but i never really go for night rides. Just yesterday, we checked my transmission oil. What we got was not oil, but grey, watery, smelly liquid. We put in some synthenic oil because its the best, and ran it for a week. After a week passed, we drained it again, and put fresh oil in. It said to only put in 100 cc's of oil, but we didn't know if it was supposed to touch the little nipple on the dipstick, so we put in nearly 200 cc's, but it still wasn't touching. So after that, we figured we better just let it go.We played around with the wiring with the back light so when i pull on my headlight, my back light comes on dim, and when i pull my brake while my light is on, the filament in the back light changes to bright. (Make sure you take the hot to the switch, and not the ground, because we burned a fuse) A lot of work has been done to my quad over the past two monthes. Ever since i got it, by front brakes havn't been working at all. We just checked them and kept adjusting for a hour, until we figured out that i need new brake pads. I'll be ordering them as soon as my bro timy calls me up tommorow.

Whenever i'm riding around on the quad, I hear a whistling noise coming from the front-right end. What i'm thinking is its the bearings, but i'm not sure, because also its a possibility its aerodynamics blowing hard.

Is there anyway of making my throttle any softer? We sprayed super lubricant down the cable, but then we figured out that it's pulling two cables. One, the gas, and the other is the fuel injection.

Just about a month ago, my carburetor clogged up! My needle jet was completely filled up with guk! We got some carburetor cleaned and cleaned it up.

My Air element was really dirty and unclean, so bought another one of those. Spic and Span.

So now that you have read all of the above, you can tell somebody ran the crap out of it! Even more has been done to it. Please post and tell me if you want to hear more of the continuing stories of the HotShot 90.

Old 07-27-2004, 01:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

welcome to the forums [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2004, 05:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

interesting.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider