Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Clutchkit (Yes/No)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutchkit (Yes/No)

I figured it is probably best to explain the type of riding I do, etc. first. I live at about 1300 feet and do most of my riding in the 1300 to 3000 ft elevation ranges, and very up and down. On several occasions when I visit my Brother in KY for Whitetail hunting I'll ride at 600 ft., for two weeks out of the year I ride at elevations from 7500 - 11,000 ( maybe a little higher if the weather cooperates this year) in Colorado hunting Elk. As you can see I use my quad a lot for hunting, but I also like to trail ride too. As of lately I tried to avoid hills (Up or Down) due to my experience where I could see the sky through my floorboards. I think some of the suggestions using the AWD/reverse ivveride will help until I get a better feel for my machine. I do ride in some technical stuff where I need the ground clearance (Thats why I got the IRS).

I was looking at some of the info on the Heelclicker clutch, and they seem like that is the clutch that best around suits my riding habits. I see that by using the Stock spring on the primary you can still keep the stock engagement which I need when going through technical stuff, and then going with the white spring on the secondary should give me more mid to top range. Are they really worth the cost? I am not looking for a saleman pitch here just rider experience! what actual benefit will a clutch upgrade give me when climbing hills, towing, technical, downhills, trailriding? How does it help with EBS? If you can ride all day in High, how lrough is it riding in Low? I have little free time, and no place to install a clutch, is it worth taking to my dealer to have installed?

Old 09-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Range Rover

Hi Zman....

I just recently "clicked" my 04.5 700 carb with FANTASTIC results. Except for altitude, our riding styles are very similiar.

**Edited by moderator** Copy and paste your write up here instead of linking to another forum where you did a write up **end of edit ***

This may answer a few of your questions. As far as installation, if you're still covered by warranty, forget the dealer. They probably wouldn't touch the job. If not, they should have no problems with it. Your wallet might however!! LOL!!!

Old 09-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Range Rover

Out of Warranty, so no prob there..... Yeah I feel my wallet hurtin when I think about just buying the Clutch kit........ On of my buddies put a clutch kit in his 02 700, and he got himself a wheelie rider....... not looking for that kind of set up.....

Old 09-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Range Rover

That's the cool thing about the Heelclicker kit. It's very tuneable!! If you don't want a wheelie machine, no problem, you just don't set it up that way. My 700 carb engages right off idle. No high RPM neck snapping here!! I ride technical extreme (as well as mud) and it's almost like the H/C was made just for how I ride!!

Price for the kit itself is not that bad. Cob, over at ATV Quad Squad sells thes kits at a remarkable discount!! Also, at the Heelclicker web site, they have step by step, detailed, installation instructions with pictures. VERY easy install!!!

Check it out!! You may like what you see.....