Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 700 MV

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 700 MV

I have front and rear winches [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider
Default Sportsman 700 MV

BTW the MVT has a pull start. This has come up many times before that it would be difficult to pull start a 700cc motor. I guess that is not so.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sportsman 700 MV

jimmypsp700 - That is pretty cool I didnt know it had manual start also very nice bonus. I guess the military wants to make sure their troops get home charged battery or not. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

As a side note ive noticed on the polaris home page that the pics of the 700 and 800 efi are all action shots which I think is pretty crappy because I like makeing my own desktop wallpaper images and I cant find a pic of the 800 efi with a white of similar color background. Check out the 04 pics and u will see the images Im looking for. OH WELL.

Mike M

Old 09-24-2004, 02:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sportsman 700 MV

This thing is a BEAST. It's NOT the same one that Big Blue supplies to the military, but it is so similar that no one would know the difference unless they really knew what they were looking for.
I think that having this monster would be like having a Hummer. Cool as hell but really not at all practical.

Old 09-25-2004, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default Sportsman 700 MV

As far as I know the Consumer MV and the actual "Military Version" are the
same except for the parachute mount on the rear and the roll bar/gun mount
in front of the handle bars on the rack. There is a write up on the atv connection
main page.

The practicality of this quad depends on what type of rideing u do, if u use it for any
type of hunting or camping the racks with their extra capacity could be usefull. The
2 winches could be helpful in the mudd and im sure there are people with 2 winches
like 20045SP500HO, the extra tank would eliminate the need to carry extra fuel in
containers tied to the racks saveing space. The run flat tires are nice and may get u out
of a jam but I think if I buy an MV I would put mud lites or gators on it, as for the reinforceing
this is awesome because the quad is actually made to handle the extra weight it has
unlike the stock sportsmans(add a brush guard bumper and winch to the front and after
a couple of rides the front sags 2-3 inches[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] ).

If u didnt already guess im pretty stoked about this atv and im not even really into hardcore
offroading where u have to use 4x4 all the time. I will mainly use it trail rideing along with
some camping, hunting, and mudding.

Mike M

Old 05-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sportsman 700 MV

Hello everyone! I live in Russia and I want to buy one of the sportsman 700 MV. I ordered it in January 2005 and the company promised me to bring it in 2 month but after 5 month they told me that they can’t. The reason why the couldn’t bring it was because the Polaris LTD couldn't get permission from the US Government to export it to my country. The US government was afraid of that this MV will be used in the mountains of Chechnya. But I didn’t stop on that because I needed this ATV for hunting in Siberia. The price in Russia of this MV is $19000 and for scout version $17000. Can anyone help me in getting any information about this problem and where in USA it is on sale. My e-mail antiterror13@mail.ru andrey

Old 05-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sportsman 700 MV

I have recently purchased an mv for use in my business. I am a Land Surveyor and needed a modern day mule, and what I got was a tank. I absolutely love this thing. Like some others have said it probably depends on how you plan on using it, but for work use I don't think you could find anything any tougher. I have dropped mine into ditches and creeks with the rear winch and pulled it out the other side with the front, plowed over trees and brush. It also does pretty well in the mud. As far as the pull start I tried mine, just for kicks, and it pretty easy to start. That may be a different story if it were bone cold. I don't think you could go wrong usless you wanted something for pure speed, althought the mv is no slug it will pull the front tires off the ground without too much trouble.

Old 05-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Sportsman 700 MV

Good info hackmark, my local dealer just got 3 or 4 mv's in and after looking it over its deffinately one tough quad. Im pretty
surprised it can haul the front tires off the ground i mean the thing weighs 900 pounds or so, can u say torque. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I think anyone else who ownes an MV or have riden one should add a reply also so we can hear about how it performs and
weather or not the weight affects it much.

Peace
MikeM

Old 05-15-2005, 10:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sportsman 700 MV

Check out your dealer. I found MV7's on the internet for $7999. My dealer said he couldn't match it. Was all set to make 6 hr drive (one way) to save the $$$$$$. My dealer called yesterday said that Polaris just sent out deal on MV7's. I got it for approx $500 more than std 700 Sportsman. Pick up this week....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] can't wait....Quess Polaris has some 05 stock they want to dispose of before 06's come out