Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Have you flipped your 4-wheeler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 11:31 AM
HAZ
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you flipped your 4-wheeler?

I was going up a steep hill abought 2 months ago on my Predator,I got abought 10ft from the top and the bike just started to bog down and then it stalled and started to slide backwards down the hill, I jumped off the bike and fell,the quad then started to flip and then it rolled on top of me. bike was fine just handlebars pushed back.Me my back had bruises and my ribs were sore for a month. My helmet had a big gash in it were the rear brake had hit it (Thank god i had a helmet on).Sence then i put a WB pipe on my Predator. I have not yet got up ***** to try the hill again. That was the worst fall i ever had.

Old 11-07-2004, 02:15 AM
Trailblazer

Two years ago a friend and I were out hunting deer on Thanksgiving weekend. I found a spot with lots of rocks, logs, and bear grass. I HAD TO GET UP THIS HILL TO PLAY IN IT!!! The last foot or so of the climb was verticle. My first attempt ended in the bike hopping and working itself side to side. The second attempt was a LOT more throttle at the top and up we went.
When I came to an abrupt stop at the top, thanks to the 12" dia. snag that my right front wheel was stuck aganst, I figured just back up a LITTLE and crawl over this thing, and go play. My bars were turned totaly left thanks to the snag. I reached under the bars to reach the over ride button, gave it a little throttle and the stupid thing jumped like it had been shot out of a cannon. I streightened the bars and grabed the brakes. OH $#it!!! TOO LATE. The back wheels droped of the vert. ledge and over she came.
Now being a rider all my life, I know when to get the hell out of dodge. I rolled right and turned around just in time to watch my two month old quad fly throught the air for about eight feet, land on the front left corner of the rack taking my 7mm mag and shoveing it throught my headlight pod and handlebars.
It stopped on it's wheels. Total damage: entire headlight pod was shot except for the choke cable/lever, ignition switch(but not the key), handlebars, master cyl, steering stem, front rack,slight frame damage, throttle cable and houseing.
Luckily I was ok. REALLY PISSED OFF, but ok.

Jes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

I have flipped all of them at least once. That includes the kids ones too-lol. Some hurt me physically and all hurt my pride to some extent or another. Got lucky on a couple of occasions were no one else saw and no damage was done. It almost felt like I cheated. If you keep the wheels down all the time, you weren't trying hard enough to have a good time-lol.