Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Customer Service stinks

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004 | 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Customer Service stinks

sorry to hear about your troubles with the rack, glad to hear your tryin to get a rack on the front though cause I don't like the looks of the 05's without a front rack.

Old 11-12-2004 | 09:17 PM
|
Pro Rider

Here is the latest:

UPS came by to drop off a package for me, then he says 'do you have a package for me to pick up?' Polaris said that they were going to schedule a pickup of the rear rack, but never told me when, luckily I took vacation today and was home. So I got rid of the rear rack.

I told the UPS guy what happened, about them saying they sent me another rear rack, he asked me if I wanted sent right back as soon as it gets on his truck. I asked him to stop by and we'll open it and make sure its a rear rack, then he can send it back.

So, Polaris has not contacted me again like they said they would once they made another 'urgent request' to their head office. So I'm still without the front rack and have no idea if it is being shipped or what. I'm going to Florida next week on business, Tues thru Fri, so my neighbor will grab my packages. If the rear comes in while I'm gone, I'll have to wait until I get back, have Polaris come and pick that one up and hope they sent the correct rack, but they haven't contacted me again, so who knows.

I'm guessing this will take me more than a month to resolve, now thats some terrible customer service.

I wanted to pick up the 'lock and ride' gun mount. I already have a scabbard and figured I'm not ordering crap from them, even if it is cheaper than the dealer because Polaris does free shipping via UPS ground. I went down to the dealer today, they had one mounted on a '05 700, so I asked them if they had them in stock, he said he had two on order, but I could have the one off the machine. Damn those are nice, the Lock and Ride, just put the hook through the floorboard, and put the plate up on the rear rack and lock it down. Works great. Only problem is, it won't fit my little Varmint AR-15....doesn't like having the pistol grip on there. Although all my other rifles, even those with scopes fit great in the scabbard.

dave

Old 11-12-2004 | 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Perhaps you could sling the AR on your back? Anyway, do you think the order may have been less aggravating for you had the dealer ordered it for you through the shop? At least that way he would be into it with you? Just wondering in case I'm brave enough to place an order.

Old 11-12-2004 | 11:38 PM
|
Pro Rider

I got in the front brushguard and winch from Polaris, before the dealer even had them. Thats why I ordered from Polaris. I picked up the Rear Bumper from 'Breeselawnandgarden' on ebay, cheaper than either Polaris or the dealer....

They ship fairly quickly and provide a tracking number. The messed this one up and don't have good support to fix it...

As far as the AR, well I have a regular case and put it on the front rack. I'll just stick my .17 Remington in the scabbard. I always take a couple of guns with me when I'm in the truck, so shouldn't be any different on the ATV...lol...

dave

Old 11-12-2004 | 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

here is what happened to me. i ordered a rear rack for my 03tb from a polaris dealer in california online. they left a message on my answering machine a few days later saying that it would have to be ordered. they said if i still wanted it i should call back and tell them to order it. i found a aftermarket rack in stock and cheaper so i never called them back and ordered the aftermarket rack. lo and behold i get two racks later on one from the dealer and the aftermarket. i emailed the dealer and explained what happened. no reply and the rack came with a note saying it was special ordered and no refunds. i sent another email explaining that i was contacting the california attorney general and the federal internet fraud bureau. guess what? i got two emails and and two messages on my answering machine from them saying they were sorry and it was all a misunderstanding. they agreed to pay for the return and also 20% off anything else i wanted to buy. i ended up puttting the factory rear rack on front after all of the hassle.

Old 11-25-2004 | 12:00 AM
|
Pro Rider

WOO HOO....

it only took a month, but I finally got my front rack in today and I installed it.....I have the 'second' rear rack they sent and I asked the UPS Man if he had a 'pickup tag', he said no, but he could take it and say I rejected it. I was thinking, maybe I should keep it until they come to pick it up, maybe Polaris forgot about it since they told me last week they had a pickup tag for it, but the UPS guy didn't have one....

Installed the rack tonight, fairly easy install and the first Polaris accessory I've installed the the instructions were right....

I am still going to write polaris headquarters and let them know my experience and displeasure with their service....

dave

Old 11-25-2004 | 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Happy Turkey Day everyone!
Pics?

Old 11-25-2004 | 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: elkbow
WOO HOO....

it only took a month, but I finally got my front rack in today and I installed it.....I have the 'second' rear rack they sent and I asked the UPS Man if he had a 'pickup tag', he said no, but he could take it and say I rejected it. I was thinking, maybe I should keep it until they come to pick it up, maybe Polaris forgot about it since they told me last week they had a pickup tag for it, but the UPS guy didn't have one....

Installed the rack tonight, fairly easy install and the first Polaris accessory I've installed the the instructions were right....

I am still going to write polaris headquarters and let them know my experience and displeasure with their service....

dave
I'm glad it worked out for you Dave. Write your letter to Tom Tiller (CEO) he is a get it done, and get it done right kinda guy. That will not be a problem again if he deals with it. Happy T-Day everyone![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]