Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Are you Fat?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 10:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you Fat?

OKIEDUDE,
there would never be a reason for me to say anything like that to any of my students.Unlike some of the veiwers in here,even my 6 yr old students can tell the differance between ''bashing'' and constructive information about a particular part of an ATV that I have OWNED.

I OWNED the Polaris ATVs that I refer to in here and if some of you guys cant stand to read ANYTHING but POSITIVE remarks about your precious little machines without thinking its a BASH about Polaris,than thats YOUR PROBLEM,not mine!

I never seen more sensitive ''veiwers'' in my entire life than SOME of the folks that own Polaris ATVs.I been into the Honda forums and also made a list of some of the shortcomings about my Rincon,and not ONE reader accused me of bashing.

I now own a brand new King Quad 700EFI and talk about how I dont like its ''doggy'' take off from 0-7mph.Guess what,not one person accused me of bashing Suzuki.

I've made comments about the belt drive on my 4x4 360 Prairre and not one person accused me of bashing Kawi.

Some of you need to grasp your ears,and pull your heads out of your butts.

Old 11-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

You are correct. Every quad has its faults. There are a few things that kinda IRK me about Polaris and any quad that is belt driven. But to me the Pros of the Sportsmans compared to others outweigh the cons. What I may like, someone else may dislike. A lot of it is fact and a lot of it is what we look for in a quad.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

jwyles,
and your right.There just is not a quad that is perfect for every situation.Even though I had some really bad reliability issues with my 2 new older [1999 and 2000]Polaris ATVs,I did concider the new 800 twin that Polaris has out now.There are alot of nice features that this quad has that I look for in a quad.I dont want a quad that is 170lbs heavier than the competetion of comparision,but the weight would more than likely not keep me from buying it?I bought my new 05 King Quad for 6696 OUT THE DOOR With a 2500 lb Warn Winch and Polaris cant come CLOSE to that price with the 800 EFI.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default Are you Fat?

You know what bugs me is people coming in and bashing polaris or any brand for that matter. Ride what you ride and if your gonna say something bad about an ATV do it maturely and not bashing the whole brand. Stating how you feel about a quad is alright when done maturely. My polaris hasnt let me down yet and i have beat the crap out of it. All it requires is a little maintanece and i havent broke a single part yet. Like others have said the best ATV to everyone is what they ride.

Old 11-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Snowwolfe, I got to agree with you. I have friends that have Polaris sleds and I have not heard of any consistent complaints from them nor the sled forums about Polaris pistons. I have two Ski-doos (waiting for a 600 IQ). Currently the big stink on the sled forums, athough it has died down, is the Ski-doo 600 and 800 rings.

Jayblazer and mtpockets, thanks for the compliment. It made my day. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Omally872, excellent point.

Have a great day guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
BryceGTX

Old 11-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Range Rover
Default Are you Fat?

yeah, well i stayed at a holiday inn express last night, does that make me an expert on the subject????lol
i havent been on the site for a while, but i have read through the entire thread, and gotta say, boys, boys, boys, not only are yall getting off the issue of the post, but yall are forgetting the purpose of this site....In my opinion this site was set up for guys (and gals) that share the same interests and passion about orv's to get together share experiences, help with one anothers problems and concerns, and generally promote the sport that we all love so much.....
it would be so nice if yall could funnel your enthusiam(sp) shown here to something that really matters, getting involved in the atv community, help stop the closing of our trails, or something like that..... now boys, believe me im not targeting either of you, both are welcome to join me down here in southern missouri anytime for some awesome trails, or getting involved with the state hare scrambles, i am not condeming any one, i just hate to see this kinda thing on these sites.....

just my thoughts

outsider

Old 11-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

I think that 99% of the ADULTS here share your opinion. There are only a few children who wish to be negative all the time about products they don't even own.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Are you Fat?

Well after reading 2 1/2 pages of this thread I had to give my opinion.
I started out looking for additional info on the new 800 EFI, which I expect delivery on in the next 2 weeks.
I have to say that some of the Polaris group act like they are actually the ones engineering, building and selling them, the way they seem to be taking other's opinions so personally.
In my unbiased opinion, Muddy4Life and Atvtech1 (sp?) seem to be making comments and not attacking a certain manufacturer, let alone one of you, "Elkbow". Hopefully, there is some history between the aforementioned people. Other wise some of you need help.
With that said can we get some first hand reviews on the 2005 SP 800???

Thanks,

Old 11-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

Mlebout,
I think that 99% of the ADULTS in here share your opinion.

There are only a few children in here that are so ''sensitive'' and ''loyal'' to their purchase,that have a difficult time dealing with ATVs that I have OWNED,and some of the comments regarding them.

Thanks for reading the ENTIRE posts and than making your own unbiased opinions.

Old 11-30-2004, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Originally posted by: Mlebout
Well after reading 2 1/2 pages of this thread I had to give my opinion.
I started out looking for additional info on the new 800 EFI, which I expect delivery on in the next 2 weeks.
I have to say that some of the Polaris group act like they are actually the ones engineering, building and selling them, the way they seem to be taking other's opinions so personally.
In my unbiased opinion, Muddy4Life and Atvtech1 (sp?) seem to be making comments and not attacking a certain manufacturer, let alone one of you, "Elkbow". Hopefully, there is some history between the aforementioned people. Other wise some of you need help.
With that said can we get some first hand reviews on the 2005 SP 800???

Thanks,
read the thread again, it became personal....in a thread you can't say 'you', 'she', 'he', 'them' or it is pointing....so thats my point....i don't dislike the people and i look forward to comments, but they have to come from reliable information....the words 'in my opinion' to a long way....not that they thing is too heavy or a piece of dung, or slow, or whatever.....those comments are littered above and aren't necessary....

like I tell the people that work for me 'if you don't like working here, then find another job'.....

no pointing here, only observations....

i will offer this to anyone and i mean anyone in this thread, if you ever come to New Mexico, i'll go riding with you or take you out to my favorite area's....we'll havfe a great time, etc....i don't hold grudges....