Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Are you Fat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you Fat?

well i used to work at polaris and used to own their machines as well and polaris does beef up alot of their parts but they also use entirely WAY to much plastic i have seen more footboards and racks break this summer and the longevity from a polaris is far less then any other brand out there i am sorry guys i know there is brand loyal people and that is great cause as long as polaris stays going strong for it is a very valuable part of our lil community i just hope that some day polaris gets on the bandwagon and tries to make their atv's stand up in the quality area

Old 12-01-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Originally posted by: weez440
well i used to work at polaris and used to own their machines as well and polaris does beef up alot of their parts but they also use entirely WAY to much plastic i have seen more footboards and racks break this summer and the longevity from a polaris is far less then any other brand out there i am sorry guys i know there is brand loyal people and that is great cause as long as polaris stays going strong for it is a very valuable part of our lil community i just hope that some day polaris gets on the bandwagon and tries to make their atv's stand up in the quality area
show me proof, i'm on my 3rd one, no problems....or is that your 'OPINION'.....?

Old 12-01-2004, 01:22 AM
Range Rover
Default Are you Fat?

its pretty sad when i agree with the pro polaris guys but i still just want the thread to die.....

my opinion

Old 12-01-2004, 03:20 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Are you Fat?

Originally posted by: jamag
its pretty sad when i agree with the pro polaris guys but i still just want the thread to die.....

my opinion

I want this thread to die too

lets let it!!!

Old 12-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

I think Polaris has taken some pretty good strides forward in the reliability department with their ATVs since 2002,however,with that said,take a trip back in assorted ATV Forums and you'll still see more posts about consumer complaints or problems with a Polaris ATV than any other manufacture's ATV out there today.That should be all the PROOF anybody needs to see!

It does NOT make Polaris a bad ATV,it just means that they either sell more ATVs than anyone else out there,OR maybe they still have a few minor issue's that need to be addressed?

And just because someone is one their 3rd Polaris ATV and has had no issues,does'nt make the entire Polaris ATV line-up trouble free either.I had two of the biggest POS Polaris ATVs known to mankind,and that also does NOT make their entire line-up junk.

Old 12-01-2004, 02:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
I think Polaris has taken some pretty good strides forward in the reliability department with their ATVs since 2002,however,with that said,take a trip back in assorted ATV Forums and you'll still see more posts about consumer complaints or problems with a Polaris ATV than any other manufacture's ATV out there today.That should be all the PROOF anybody needs to see!

It does NOT make Polaris a bad ATV,it just means that they either sell more ATVs than anyone else out there,OR maybe they still have a few minor issue's that need to be addressed?

And just because someone is one their 3rd Polaris ATV and has had no issues,does'nt make the entire Polaris ATV line-up trouble free either.I had two of the biggest POS Polaris ATVs known to mankind,and that also does NOT make their entire line-up junk.
Thats more like it, Polaris does outsell all other brands. I never said Polaris didn't have its 'fair' share of issues, I haven't had any, but have read of people having problems. Not even my friends have had any problems with theirs.

I can however read in every forum about the problems with every machine, thats pretty easy to do, just go over to the other forums and read about them. The idea of the forum is that we can post our problem, ask if anyone else has had it and any recommendations to fix it or is it something that may be a recall from the dealer, etc.

I'm not sour on any brand, and I'll buy whatever i feel fits my needs. The worst machine I've ever had was a Honda, but I still think Honda builds some quality machines, just the one I had sucked. One of my most reliable and funest machines was a little honda 300 fourtrax....taked a lickin' and kept on tickin'....

i'm not easy on the machines, so time will tell on my new 700 EFI....but seems like another winner....although I only have about 500 miles on it so far....

d

Old 12-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you Fat?

[quote]
Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
Ahh,

Polaris also has a sticker that says NOBODY UNDER 16yrs old on their ATVs [if it exceeds 90cc]do you also BELEIVE that?[lol]

well do I beleive most people follow it no, however there was a 10 year old kid here in my town that back flipped his dads sportsman 500 and died about a month ago. I grew up on a little 70 three wheeler and still have it to pass to my kids( once I reassemble it anyway.)

the point is the sticker is there for a reason, as is the weight rating. I had a friend snap gears on his honda 300 not long ago trying to pull a downed tree. So weight ratings and rolling weight can be inportant. You can tow over the weight rating I do it all the time with my big red, thats not to say it doesn;t mean anything.

I love my polaris scrambler, I bought it because its a sport quad that won;t line in the shop like some others. Polaris is a good manufacturer better then most, however if we were talking longevity a honda would probable take the cake in alot of instances.

Old 12-01-2004, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are you Fat?

also Muddy4life if you have a 99 sp500 its not brand new its 5 years old. if you have a 200 400cc its also 4 years old.

neither are brand new.

Old 12-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Are you Fat?

CONIG,
I bought both Polaris ATVs brands new and after numerous problems with them,I sold them more than two yrs ago and bought a Honda Rincon.So yes,they were both indeed brand new and full of problems right from the crate.

Though I sincerly appreciate your concern for our youth ATVers today,I do think im qualified to speak up in this area!I am a licensed ATV safety Director and Instructor for one of the ATV safety programs here in Michigan.The AGE/CC sticker is placed on quads because it was FORCED to be placed on ALL ATVs sold in the USA since 1988.There was a mutual agreement[Consent Decree Agreement] between the manufactures of ATVs and the Consumer Product Safety Commission[CPSC]in 1988 that forced the manufactures to abide by these AGE/CC recommendations in order to continue the selling of 4 wheeled ATVs sold in the USA.

For the most part,it is my firm beleif that these age/cc recommendations are redicules at best.Its dangerous to put an experienced 14yr old ATV rider that weighs 200lbs and is 5 ft 8 inches tall,on a 90cc.

Just the same,it is also dangerous to put to small of a youth on too big of an ATV like the incident you mentioned above.This is NOT the quads fault,it is the PARENTS fault..

I have yet to see a single 14 or 15yr old PROPERLY fit a 90cc ATV,yet,isnt that what the sticker says to do?[YOU stated that the stickers were there for a REASON]

Old 12-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default Are you Fat?

Hello Muddy4life

Now you have seen that Polaris reliability is better (since 2002). The fact is, the reliability of most every new car, truck, bike, quad, jetski, toaster, train, plane... is getting better. My wife's 1998 voyager is much more reliable than her 1981 was. But there is no way I would say that the 1981 was terribly unreliable. I think its a safe bet that all manufacturers reliability is getting better, therefore probably everyone on this forum would agree that Polaris reliability is better. However, just because reliability is getting better, doesn't mean it was bad in the first place. I suspect thats what this statement is meant to point out.

I did a serach for reliability. I just read 130 some threads, maybe 1000 posts. No where do I find a consistent complaint about Polaris reliability that is any worse than any other manufacturers. I found considerably more positive posts (maybe 800) than negative posts (maybe 200) for all manufacturers. These posts dated back to 1999, which predates 2002 by three years. Where again are all of these consumer posts? I didn't find the PROOF.

Again, I did a search for the explorer. Very few threads out of the hundreds that I read agree with your assessment of the explorer. Normally, it got glowing reviews. Same with the 500 that you owned. Apparently mankind does not agree with you. I now see that your Rincon is having problems and you are starting to bad mouth Honda and Honda's reliability. This kind of thinking (Honda's reliability) is no way reflected by the majority of posters on this forum. If every quad you have ever owned is breaking, is that every manufacturer's fault? Or are you some kind of walking Friday the 13th?

Seems everyone wants this thread to die. I too would like to see you stop posting so this thread can die. Then I can stop searching this forum to refute some of your unfounded generalizations.