Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 800 vs. Brute Force 750

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 vs. Brute Force 750

Point taken cc1999. And I would tend to agree with you except that none of the Quads we build here in US are shipped back to Japan to offset the the number of dollars we send to Japan. So we lose. On the other hand, when Polaris/Artic Cat builds Quads here, they ship them over to other countries and we win. Now if we build plants in other countries, and sell in other countries we win. If we build in other countries and sell here, we win because the profits come back to us; but we don't win as much as if we built them here. So I agree with the others, it benifits us to buy American no matter what the foreign content. Why do you think Diamler took over Chrysler (forget about merge). It surely wasn't because they were happy about employing good old American citizens. It was because they were going to reap the profits of Chrysler! Every foreign company has a financial benifit to building in the states. It is because they sell a lot over here, not because they like to employ us. And they make a lot of money doing it.

Old 01-07-2005, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 vs. Brute Force 750

Originally posted by: BryceGTX
Point taken cc1999. And I would tend to agree with you except that none of the Quads we build here in US are shipped back to Japan to offset the the number of dollars we send to Japan. So we lose. On the other hand, when Polaris/Artic Cat builds Quads here, they ship them over to other countries and we win. Now if we build plants in other countries, and sell in other countries we win. If we build in other countries and sell here, we win because the profits come back to us; but we don't win as much as if we built them here. So I agree with the others, it benifits us to buy American no matter what the foreign content. Why do you think Diamler took over Chrysler (forget about merge). It surely wasn't because they were happy about employing good old American citizens. It was because they were going to reap the profits of Chrysler! Every foreign company has a financial benifit to building in the states. It is because they sell a lot over here, not because they like to employ us. And they make a lot of money doing it.
Right on, they are just getting their foot in the door to make more money (and send it back overseas)!
Buy American from americans and keep a bigger piece of the pie HERE!