Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

why do most people hate ploaris?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do most people hate ploaris?

Hello everyone
I’m new to this. just want to say it good to find a site where people talk good about there Polaris. I’ll have to say that all our military boy love riding them too here in Iraq and there are no other brand here. I’ve been over most of this country. That one of the reason they came out with the 700MV. One thing that makes me mad is those people with other brands talk about there quads problem. I think it funny. I can remember when they talk bad and called the IRS,PCT,4AWD, and they really called it a POS. my dad bought me a 96 425 I love that bike till I bought my 04.5 700. I only have 10 hr on it before I came back to Baghdad, Iraq . Getting back to my point that the big 3 company are trying to be like them. There trying so hard to have the same features like a Polaris but they call them POS. what’s up with the weight thing ppl say there a problem with that. I don’t think so I do a lot of farm work I’ve put my 16ft trailer to pick up pine straw in my yard, and my small trailer I put a 6x4 round bale hey to feed my cows on a 96 425. I just wanted to get that out of my system. Does anyone have any hot seat stuff on there sportsman? (I HATE IRAQ)

CHECK OUT www.highlifter.com/scotts_pic.php3 that a bad 02 700 sp

Old 01-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

well i used to not like polaris and here's why: they used to only make 2 stroke, chain driven atv's, and those just aren't my thing. then they got smart and started making four stroke shaft driven machines and look where it's got them, their one of the frontrunners now. Kudos to polaris on now making some great machines. IMO they started off on kinda a bad foot, but straightened it out. we've had our sportsman since 98 and it's been a pleasure.

Old 01-17-2005, 04:21 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

why do most people hate ploaris?
maybe because they once owned an older Polaris

either that,,,,or they dont currently own one

Old 01-17-2005, 08:34 AM
yaK
Pro Rider

people just love to bash stuff...like how some people hate ford...but my ford has 300 000 on it and still has clean oil after 3000.keep up the good work over there...hope ya come home soon...I'm sure that 700 efi is real lonely!

Old 01-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Pro Rider

people are loyal to brands, when you have an American company, it should work as well or better than a foreign brand...but Polaris has been the leader in ATV sales for awhile....

I actually don't care what I own, just as long as it works....I've had quite a few different makes of ATVs, I've never had problems with the Polaris....usually people that have different makes of machines bash them because they are the 'competition'....Polaris has the latest and greatest and if you don't own one...well, then you bash them...

why does everyone say on the other forums....'I beat the polaris xxxx'....its funny, but I don't really care if they bash them, because I'll keep riding them....the bashing is usually out of jealously.....

there are many good atv's out there from all manufacturers...so the best one is the one you have your butt planted on....

Old 01-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've been involved in ATVs since 1983 and its just no secret,no other brand of ATV carries the poor record for reliability that Polaris does.I owned two of them and they were more troublesome than ANY other ATV I've ever owned.These were brand new ATVs too,not used.I personally would'nt buy any 4x4 ATV manufactured by Polaris that was made prior to 2002.

I really like the new 800 twin Polaris and concidered buying it,but it was FAR more $ than my new 2005 King Quad 700cc EFI..

Old 01-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Trailblazer

I have bought a used polaris and its a good machine but my cousin purchased a new one and he needed some work done and everything he needed done was not under warranty. He even purchased a 5 year extended warranty and that would not take care of it. I think they make good machines but there customer servive sucks and for that reason I would never buy a new one. I'm going to artic cat or kawasaki when I get ready for a new one.

Old 01-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got a 99 that has been pretty good. The only problem is that its a 300cc 2 stroke with the power of a 250 4 stroke and it weighs a metric ton. The 00 SP 500 has been a piece of junk, started falling apart just under a year after we got it, it probably had 30 hours on it.

Old 01-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

the only problems ive had with my scrammy has been my own fault,my brother has a 99 sport that has never had a thing done to it,not even a oil change,filters,nothing.it finally blew this year,if you ask me thats pretty impressive for a 2-stroke..my other brother has a 03 sportsman 600,he rides the thing hard everyday and nothing has broke and its running pretty good.im happy with polaris,as long as you take care of them they will take care of you.

Old 01-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

I think that Bing is right. Alot of people that have had a Polaris in the past had older models and tended to break down a lot. They have come a long way from those days and it will take a while to get some respect back. They have had my respect since I bought my quad in '01.

Quick Reply: why do most people hate ploaris?