Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

FENDER BAGS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FENDER BAGS

I have a fender bag ... it's great ... water proof, holds 2-3 bottles of water and my serivial gear, BUT it will scratch the HELL out of the fender. I only take it if i'm going on a long trip or i just strip it to the front rack. In the winter i carry a large soft bag on the rear.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Range Rover
Default FENDER BAGS

I have the same fender Bags from Cabelas and they work very well, I don't hit any deep mud, so no worries for me there. They only get a little splashed up when you ride just like yout quad does and it come off with soap and water. I also tied mine off neatly too the rack and the floor board. The main thing is that it keep your gear protected. I usally like to keep heavier things like my tow strap, and Cabelas ATV winch kit, etc in there to add to a lower center of gravity.

I also have the tank bag and it works very well, but you have to use caution when turn the handlebars to far to the right, you have to make sure you have clearance on the throttle. I used to have one of those thumb extensions and it would bump into it and 1 time I almost went for a ride over backwards when I was crossing some logs in low range. I immedietialy took that thumb extension off, and it has never seen any use since (it never stayed in place anyways).

I also have the saddle bags from when I had my Honda, I only used them several times, but they won't work on the Polaris because the bag gets in the way of the shifter.

I also have the Rear Rack and Front Rack bags and they both work well. I use the back one (which has the capability of split compartments or a large single one) for extra hunting clothing. I use the water bottle compartments for my tire sealer. I also use the front one for a small back pack or a cooler. but if you put to much stuff in the front bag it gets in the way of the headlight. .

All the bags are of good quality, and are reasonably priced if you get the IPI bags, some of the bags from other mfgs. get prety pricey.

I hope this helps....

ZMan079

Old 02-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default FENDER BAGS

Originally posted by: 20045SP500HO
I have a fender bag ... it's great ... water proof, holds 2-3 bottles of water and my serivial gear, BUT it will scratch the HELL out of the fender. I only take it if i'm going on a long trip or i just strip it to the front rack. In the winter i carry a large soft bag on the rear.
The polaris ones have velcro to avoid them from moving around. You could always buy velcro if they dont have already.

Old 02-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default FENDER BAGS

Originally posted by: elkbow
ah, I had thought about the top tank bag but it looks like it would hit my legs somewhat....the saddle bags (certain ones) have a water bottle holder which I thought would be good for rides to drink (water) and drive....
The tank bag is nice because it is not in the way at all; it shouldn't hit your legs. But that bottle holder sounds like a nice feature on the saddlebags. If I wasn't magnetically pulled into mudholes I'd get a set.

Tyler