Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris clutch weights available instead of clutch kit, warranty approved!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris clutch weights available instead of clutch kit, warranty approved!!!

Polaris clutch weights available instead of clutch kit, warranty approved!!!

The dealer I talked to is suggesting, “clutch tuning” instead of a clutch kit. The dealers says that Polaris sells a vide verity of springs and weights.

The dealer is telling me I can get the same results as a clutch kit buy using different Polaris clutch weights and/or different Polaris clutch springs.

The dealer informed me as long as I use Polaris parts it will not affect my warranty, but if I use a “Heal Clicker” clutch kit I can flush my warranty down the toilet (I have an extended warranty). Polaris clutch weights and springs are also cheaper than a clutch kit.

Has anyone experimented with different Polaris clutch weights and springs, and if so what kind of results did you get?

Old 04-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris clutch weights available instead of clutch kit, warranty approved!!!

You can buy Polaris clutch weights and springs through Ritter Cycle or HPD. You can even contact Aaen performance and buy a Polaris OEM Helix for the secondary.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Bubba, can you please give details on the, "Polaris OEM Helix for the secondary." what does this do, proes and cons.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

1. You need to get a copy of the AAEN clutch tuning manual so you understand how the PVT works.
This should be done before you start changing parts. http://www.aaenperformance.com/

2. Polaris can not void your warranty unless they can prove that the aftermarket part(s) you installed caused the problem under warranty. Its the law, Do not let them scare you. The one warranty you will loose is the LIFETIME belt warranty, but my understanding is they don't honor it anyway.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont think I've heard of one person that ever got their belt replaced under the "lifetime warranty".

Oshdog, Bubahyde hit the nail on the head. It literally takes a book to write the basics of a PVT system and how one thing affects another. The clutch tuning handbook is an absolute must for anyone who wants to work on the clutch themselves. If you really are interested in doing the work then buy the book. You can also do a search on these forums and learn a lot.

Old 04-05-2005, 07:21 PM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!

Wait you say Polaris weights and springs to fine tune a clutch?I thought that is basicly what a "clutch kit" was without all the testing and buying lots of parts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2005, 07:29 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

My nephew broke the belt on his 04 Srambler. After telling him about 50 times to take it to a dealer, he did and they replaced it with no problems.

Old 04-06-2005, 11:07 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the information[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

For sale:
Really crappy 5 year extended warrenty, or trade for Heal Clicker clutch kit