Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Dogs revisited...no farts this time....

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dogs revisited...no farts this time....

Originally posted by: Budman650
I have a 105# doberman, "Bud"weiser of course. He loves to run and do the sniff thing, but I guess I would be running the other way if I saw him coming. You get used to your dog and don't realize what other people are seeing. I hope that made sense. My dog would lick you to death, but other people don't know that. I take my dog to the lake and let him run like everyone else, but I've had people say to me "that's not fair" and I look at them weird because they have their lab running free, so why is my dog different, because he looks mean? You do have a big dog and will get bigger, he is YOUR responsibilty and you never know what they might do. Keep him leashed if your not sure.
We did have a problem when Bud got out in his puppy days and a lady in our subdivision started running and throwing rocks at him, I don't know if Bud was playing aggressive or actually bit her but he did puncture her skin a little. I saw my house flash before my eyes, but fortunately nothing happened. To this day Bud remembers her and will not forgive. Be careful.
haha o man my dog will chase my quad up untill about 4th gear haha shes sooo fast and runs all day with me when i ride... shes is like dead at the end of the day from all the running

Old 04-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Something about quads and motorcycles. Bud can hear a Harley a mile away and just waits for it. We have to lock him up when we load the quads on the trailer. He bites the tires and even bit my knee, sort of a spazo with that, but we love him.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

My Rottie chased the Fed-Ex guy one day. I wasn't even thinking about it when he came and the dog was with me in the front yard.....well as soon as the Fed-Ex guy came around the van, he saw the dog and started running, even with me standing there. Of course what happens when people run, the dog thinks they are playing and they chase. The guy ran to his drivers door, but Bear beat him there...then he realized the dog wasn't mean. He had a treat in his van and he threw it way away so the dog would go after it.

I apologized to him, but dang....he should have realized that the dog wasn't mean with me standing there. I'm sure these guys have been chased by mean dogs. One thing I learned long time ago, how to handle a mean dog. Most dogs won't bite you, they just stop in front of you and bark. If they do come forward to bite, one quick kick between the legs in the chest usually does the trick, if you miss you kick them in the head....its all over then.

Anyways, haven't seen the woman tonight, however I don't think she'll be running near here again....

Old 04-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bud listens for the loud diesel motor of the Fed Ex and UPS truck. They thought my dog wanted to kill them, but all he wanted was their cookie. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]