Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What are these Polaris fluids really?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are these Polaris fluids really?

Good job putting this thead back on track.In a pinch some of these lubs well work.But as soon as you can get the correct lub in it.Ive tryed most everything you can think of in the front hub and the polaris lub is the only lub that well make your front end disengage correctly.

Old 05-23-2005, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

i used type - f tranny fluid and amsoil atf and never had any probs in my scrammy and many others on this site have too. you must have picky hubs if nothing else will work. i dunno that one.

matt, you did ask if there were better fluids to use other than polaris

Just wondering what the "hub fluid" for 4 wheel drive Polaris' is. The green stuff. And also what is the purple transmission stuff my Scrambler takes? Just synthetic ATF? Is there better stuff to use besides the Polaris brand? I use Mobil 1 0-40 for the engine.
steve

Old 05-23-2005, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

You right stump they will work.But what happend with the other lubs is while in 2wheel drive with the tires spinning fast the front would engage on its own and I mean hard.And it was always a bear to get them to disengage.That was the amsoil and moble1.After going back to the polaris lub it has never happend again.The 4wheel drive works great.I know amsoil is good stuff thats all I run in my boat and I run it hard.Matt sorry for get off track again.But sharing info is what its all about.

Old 05-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

i was just explaining that matt got the info that he asked for even though he doesn't remember it in his first post. that's all that was about. i did have a hub engage on it's own once and your right it's violent, i almost hit my truck when it happened. it was 25 degrees out and once the fluid warmed up it was fine. never had a prob with them disengaging. huh? i changed my hubs and counterbalancer once every couple of rides. maybe that was why it worked

steve

Old 05-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zerowick
Oh I don't doubt in the least that amsoil is a good oil. I just will never agree that it's worth what people pay for it. And I can't stand their marketing strategy.
ASLQT SAE 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil: (1) quart bottle

$4.85

AFFQT SAE 0W-40 Formula 4-Stroke Synthetic Motor Oil: (1) quart bottle

$5.30

These Amsoil prices aren't that bad, you can spend much more on other brands from companies that haven't been around for nearly as long. A lot cheaper than the Polaris motor oil.
Are those prices for the preferred customer? I just picked up some Polaris 0w40 synthetic at my dealer and paid $6.77. Doesn't seem bad without paying for shipping. I went to get oil for my DS650 and the bomb dealer wanted $13.50/qt. Maybe he wanted to go on a nice vacation. Someone said polaris oil breaks down sooner, I want to ask him how he found that out.

Old 05-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, those are the preferred customer prices and you do have to add shipping to it but it still is worth it to me especially when it is delivered right to my door within a couple of days. I kinda like not having to drive to the store, I drive for a living and enjoy staying put. I put Amsoil in both our cars, three lawn mowers, snowblower and wheeler so the membership is worth it for me.