Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

700-800 EFI Ride Review?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700-800 EFI Ride Review?????

Can someone do all us potential buyers a good ride REVIEW, I mean hands on review, maybe even a few PICS would be nice. I haven't seen a good one yet. Has anyone done any big trips that they can give a good review about, how does they stack up aginst the competition, and I don't mean speed wise but durability, work, mud, deep water, woods riding, gas consumption, comfort. Haven't seen MOOSEHUNTER around in a bit, I'm sure he'd have some good seat time now to give a good review or comparisent.

Thanks

02 Traxter XT
3800 hard miles

Old 06-28-2005, 06:01 PM
Range Rover

Come on, someone must be able to give a good detailed review of there machine.

Thanks

Old 06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hokay, so, if you want pictures, click the camera under my name, its the big red bad@ss one. i have more pics but they need to be sized down, so look again later tonight.

anyway, the quad is amazing, you cant compair it to a 500 H.O., and its a large leap in acceleration from a 700. the ride is smooth, and fairly stiff. not sports trials worthy, but its stiff enough. some people say its like riding a couch, but thats now how it feels to me. compaired to other suspentions, it seems like they just have shocks that absorb impact, but it feels like with polaris' set up, its more fluid. riding over things then bumping into them and moveing up and around. its very plush and articulated. if you've road previous years quads, you'll notice that the seat is actually more plush and cooshony, while the suspention is more sporty.

right off idle the clutch grabs, power is imidiate and limateless. polaris holds the time trials to 0-30 for fastest, after that they start getting beat. changeing the primary clutch springs and bring it back to winner though. the engine is a work of art, and the EFI is perfect for the aplication. the motor isnt too loud, but its exhaust is destinctive and substantually louder than single piston quad motors. because of the paralell piston make up, the vibration is less than V-twin motors, and even less so than single motors.

it is a big machine, if you ever sit on one, you'll comment how big it feels. the fender flares work perfect, the only way you can really get wet is by submergeing it up to the floor boards. its a big quad, and a heavy one at that. sertainly not the sportyest, but i just cant ride other quads, they dont feel like they can compair to the polaris. too rough of a suspention, not enough imidiate power, ect

in compairison, the only thing that it really has compitition against is the brute force, and thats for power. 9 out of 10 times the brute will beat it in a drag, but there have been times with the 800 stomped out a Brute. the 800 won quad of the year for 2005, but now it has compitition with the Bombardier 800, which actually has 800 CCs. its a great quad sports wise.

the only real way to get a review is to go ride one yourself and see how it is.

Old 06-28-2005, 09:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

oh and by the way, suprisingly for a 760 pound quad, it jumps very well and isnt that much of a hassle to control mid air. its a fairly sporty quad.

Old 06-28-2005, 10:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ditto, the power neutralizes the weight. The clutching and EBS are better than any other Polaris model. If its not enough power and speed, you don't need a utility quad. My only small complaint is the amount of heat it puts off. I didn't notice this until it warmed up here in the south. I can't imagine how strong Brutes and Bombs must be since they weigh some 150 lbs. less. I will take my heavy 800 over all of the rest. The EFI has been flawless over the first 1000 miles. I have not had one mechanical problem. The comfort factor is important to me. I do call it my trail couch. It is incredibly smooth. It is probably too much power for me, and I am sure some would think its wasted on me. However, if I decide to let it rip, close your eyes because the dust is gonna fly.

Old 06-29-2005, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

Hey Thanks guys,

Just picked up an ATV magazine and they claim the Honda rincon is faster then the SP 800, every other rag I've read said Honda was dead last in power.

Also just wondering, has anyone loaded there machine right up, with gear, coolers, tents, gas, and that sort of stuff, how does the suspension handle weight, as I will be doing this kind of stuff and maybe even adding a canoe rack for it to get into remote areas.

Thanks

Old 06-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

heh, a air cooled 650 single faster than a liquid cooled 760 twin? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

i havent exactly loaded mine up yet, but ive had my 210 pound friend sit on the rear rack while i have hauled him between his house and my friends house to get him to come riding. and i can tell you that it handles terrible with weight just in the back, as you would expect, the front becomes SUPER light and any stab of the throttle brings the front up. the stearing is already heavy, so any more weight in the front makes it heavyer of course. once you get to the rack limates the machine is a huge hassle to ride.

the cool thing though is the more weight you add to the machine, the softer the suspention becomes.

Old 06-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

Stumppuller I bought a 2005 Grizzly 660 this spring kept it 2 months $7000.00 ATV with a .25 cent front suspenion..the quad was terrible on rough terrain...
We traded it to a 2005 700EFI we loved the quad handled rough terrain with ease and comfort..I then bought a 2005 800 EFI and the thing is as sweet as they come handles great on the trail and has power that is amazing.. I traded the 700 back to another 800 simpley because the dealer traded with me for just the difference in the price of a 800 and 700...(my son wanted a 800 like mine).....we have ridden for years only owned honda till the grizzly dont want any more yamaha..where very satisfied with the polaris 800 EFI

Old 06-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Stumppuller1,

For tons of Rider reveiws on all the new Big Bore machines check out powersportsnetwork.com.