Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

C-Series wheels on a 700 Sportsman

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 07:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default C-Series wheels on a 700 Sportsman

I'd like to take off the chrome factory wheels from my '02 700 Sportsman and put on a set of aluminum ITP C-series wheels. I'm keeping the factory Goodyear Rawhide Grip tires. I notice that the wheels I like are offered in 12 x 7 only, for the fronts and the rears. Is anyone else running these that can provide a photo? The factory wheels are wider in the rear than the front, so I want to make sure these will fit before I make a purchase.

Also, is the offset greater on these wheels than the factory set? I don't really want to be any wider than I already am with this.

Thanks,
SnowDrift

Old 07-08-2005, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some on my 700 click here for pics. You can also click on my camera and I think they are a pic of them in there also. The 12x7 will work front and rear. They will make you wider with these wheels.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:48 PM
Range Rover

Thanks! I thought I looked at yours yesterday before I posted, but it must have been someone else's. How much wider did you end up? Hard to see what is happening with those straight on views. Any chance of a good corner shot?

Nice gauge setup! Are those VDO to match the OEM pod? And, also, nice pipe addition with the dual pipes. Any mods to get that to fit? I'd love to have a water temp gauge and oil press. guage like you have. Where did you tap in the engine? If you used the factory holes, did the speedo. pod give you any errors or trouble?

Thanks again,
SnowDrift

Old 07-10-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider

I didn't measure but I would guess it would be close to 2" wider. I'm going to try and get some more pics up soon of the wheels and tires.

The gauges are Equus brand from O'reilly auto parts. I bought the triple 1 1/2" gauges and didn't use the volt meter. The bezels come silver and I painted mine black. They are pretty simple to hook up. You have a temp sending unit on the left side and I took it out and used the sending unit with the gauge. Below the temp sending unit they are a plug that takes an allen wrench to take it out thats where you hook up your oil pressure line. The speedo has never give me any errors.

The 800 header I had to cut a little piece of the floorboard off but if I didn't show you it would be hard for you to see. I also bent the shifter rod just a little so it wouldn't hit the header. I also slotted the mounting holes on the muffler so it would slide forward and seal to the header.

If you have anymore ?'s let me know.

Old 07-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: SnowDrift
I'd like to take off the chrome factory wheels from my '02 700 Sportsman and put on a set of aluminum ITP C-series wheels. I'm keeping the factory Goodyear Rawhide Grip tires. I notice that the wheels I like are offered in 12 x 7 only, for the fronts and the rears. Is anyone else running these that can provide a photo? The factory wheels are wider in the rear than the front, so I want to make sure these will fit before I make a purchase.

Also, is the offset greater on these wheels than the factory set? I don't really want to be any wider than I already am with this.

Thanks,
SnowDrift

See my pics in my gallery--

Old 07-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Range Rover

Thanks to both of you! That was what I was looking for.

SnowDrift

Old 07-12-2005, 05:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SnowDrift

Thanks,
SnowDrift
Snowie, i like these type-7 wheels...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...560691893&rd=1

~MT

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2005, 05:39 AM
Range Rover

Most ITP wheels have an extra inch of negative offset. That means they stick out 1 inch further than the stock wheels so it should be about 2 inches total

Old 07-12-2005, 08:38 AM
Range Rover

mtpockets,

Those are sharp! The only drawback would be cleaning all those slots in the "bead lock" area. Real nice looking rims, though!

SnowDrift