Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

What a load of S#@! for 2006

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005 | 05:36 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default What a load of S#@! for 2006

What were they thinking (polaris) this is what I got excited about.
I must admit the outlaw is cool lookin . and the EFI for the 500 Sportsman was a good choice.
But everything else blows especially what I consider the longest need of an update the Scrammy which got new orange plastic and graphics , give me a break not even efi and they got it for the engine in the sportsman . Well all I can say polaris is gonna loose another customer who has been loyal to the brand.
The first manufactor to come out with something like the Scram but needs 4x4 I am gone. Oh wait the new wolverine is switchable now and got an engine update to 450. Just wish the V-force was 4x4.
This is all polaris could do ..............I gotta go be sick again.

Thanx for letting me vent

Old 07-22-2005 | 05:45 PM
Trailblazer

C mon, what did you expect.
personally I like that they put the EFI in the sp500 it's their best selling quad.
(If it ain't broke don't fix it)

Have a good one.

Old 07-22-2005 | 06:02 PM
Trailblazer

I haven't rode any efi atv's yet but i can only imagine what gains there are. Infact im building a rock crawler out of a IH scout2 and im looking into a custom efi for it. I think a basic efi system would be pretty easy to maintain an still give the benefits. I was dissapointed as well, being that im looking into a scrammy for myself. Guess i'll have to wait now.

Kamots

Old 07-22-2005 | 06:04 PM
Pro Rider

DROG,

Alpine2 wasn't mad about the fact that they put EFI in the Sportsman. He's mad that the Sportsman got EFI and the Scrambler didn't.

I have to admit, I am not all that impressed. The Scrambler is out dated and should have gotten more attention. Also, the new Sawtooth and Hawkeye better not be more Taiwan crap. The Outlaw seems like a cool idea but where does it fit?

I'm with Alpine2.

Old 07-22-2005 | 06:11 PM
|
Pro Rider

What did I expect ?
well A little more than I got I must admit I did say the Efi for the 500 sportsman was a good choice but it is the same friggin engine as the scrammy and all they had to do was drop it in. But they feel All us scrammy owners need is graphics and plastic updates and it seems to get heavier.
I do like the outlaw the pipe coming out of the center is cool lookin and i do like the IRS on it also makes for a nice trail quad. But were is the 450 they need ? oh yeah it went into a sportsman.

Old 07-22-2005 | 06:29 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Alpine2
What did I expect ?
well A little more than I got I must admit I did say the Efi for the 500 sportsman was a good choice but it is the same friggin engine as the scrammy and all they had to do was drop it in. But they feel All us scrammy owners need is graphics and plastic updates and it seems to get heavier.
I do like the outlaw the pipe coming out of the center is cool lookin and i do like the IRS on it also makes for a nice trail quad. But were is the 450 they need ? oh yeah it went into a sportsman.
Yeah,I can see where you're coming from. It has been pretty plain on the race quad side hasn't it.

Old 07-22-2005 | 06:33 PM
Range Rover

Im disappointed too. Was hoping for maybe EFI on the predator, especially since Raptor got it for 06. Maybe a little weight loss. They didnt even change color of Predator, and now the TLD is white.

Old 07-22-2005 | 06:40 PM
Range Rover

I've had two Scramblers, a '99 500 and an '02 400. I love them.... I STILL don't think there is another machine like it on the market. But bottom line is that the mainstream sales are what gets updated first. The Sportsman line is the bread and butter. And while I would never buy something like a Hawkeye because they're too small & slow for my taste, that is a WAY bigger market than the Scramblers. A full size 4x4 for under $5K? It's going to sell like hot cakes. You see more Honda Civics on the road than S2000's. Get my point?

Again, I'm really dissapointed to not see a new Scrambler. Maybe next year... But it really wasn't priority when the Magnums were also well due for replacement, and Polaris didn't even have a machine in the Recon/Ozark market.

Old 07-22-2005 | 07:14 PM
Pro Rider

I'm on the bandwagon for this too. No Scrambler upgrade. Even when it's the sam epower plant as the Sportsman. Why not a Scrambler 400 or 450 too. Easy drop in. And it looks a lot like the Sawtooth and Hawkeye (ute Phoenix) for sure are Taiwanese made. Oh well, I didn't really need to go out and get a new quad. I'll just save up for upgrades for what I allready have.

Old 07-22-2005 | 07:21 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: fishslab
I'm on the bandwagon for this too. No Scrambler upgrade. Even when it's the sam epower plant as the Sportsman. Why not a Scrambler 400 or 450 too. Easy drop in. And it looks a lot like the Sawtooth and Hawkeye (ute Phoenix) for sure are Taiwanese made. Oh well, I didn't really need to go out and get a new quad. I'll just save up for upgrades for what I allready have.
The Sawtooth is a ute Phoenix, will a little heavier suspension. The Hawkeye is nothing like a phoenix... New from the ground up, and designed & built here in the US.

Quick Reply: What a load of S#@! for 2006