Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Outlaw delayed again!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw delayed again!!

i called polaris about 2 weeks ago and they said, then, that their expecting the first run of the Outlaws to be shipped out late January early Febuary, and the problems they had with the proto types were cracked frames and control arms breaking off at the frame after running MX courses, suposedly, it all has been corrected and fixed and their looking to release it then, i also asked my dealer about it and he said he'll only be getting 1 of them untill he makes the fall shipment order, so they are on very limited supply

Old 11-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Well at least it sounds like there making sure all bugs are out before it hits the showroom. But 4 more months.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: spyder6
i called polaris about 2 weeks ago and they said, then, that their expecting the first run of the Outlaws to be shipped out late January early Febuary,
Ummm.... I wouldn't hold your breath.

Old 11-27-2005, 12:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

im not, i dont want one anyway, thats why i bought a predator

Old 11-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GE4x4
Well at least it sounds like there making sure all bugs are out before it hits the showroom. But 4 more months.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
That would be a huge plus but I doubt it happens, they supposedly took 3 years to develop the 03 Predator and that was'nt problem free by a long shot. I'm gonna let someone else do the first year testing before I get too excited but on paper it looks promising....

Old 11-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the (conflicting?) info. I am looking to purchase soon, and the Outlaw was one that interested me. The new technology on it definitely caught my eye (back in September!!!).

I actually contacted Polaris directly regarding a release date--- they told me to contact my local dealer. WTF?????

However, the constant delays in when it will come out, plus the reports about teething problems are making me lose interest fast. Not to mention reading the 500SP EFI thread.

I have owned some bikes over the last 15 years, but never bought new. You can imagine my trepidation, at this point.

Old 11-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Trailblazer

So.... spyder man? If you are only the messenger then- Rita, must be misinformed where is she getting her info? As I said before you shot me down, POLARIS needs to be HONEST! and since POLARIS is stock-piling this OUTLAW for they ship any to dealers, who gets the defected machines? I'm not trying to be difficult here eaither, but why would a manufacturer stock-pile a unproven "THREE WHEELER" has this not been done before? And just what is this swing arm?? Is it A-frames? If so which one? I'm not trying to be difficult here! I have this machine on order, and I'm just kinda bumed out!!! I was set to buy a new TROY LEE when the salesman talked me out of it, and to wait till the OUTLAW came out in SEPTEMBER. I could have least been having some fun ....I'm with GE 4X4 on this one! Waiting is just no fun- especially when the date is so illusive! And yes some of us will be the GINNIE-PIG as I'm still waiting but not very happily.... So I just want a GOOD HONEST ANSWER FROM POLARIS is this asking for to much?? THANKS....It's not against you personally
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 12-07-2005, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Well I'm not going to wait another 3+ months for the Outlaw. Looks like the Raptor will be my next quad. Dealer is giving it to me for $6500 otd plus 20% off all GYTR parts. They have been out for a few months and have not heard of any problems and everyone seem to be very pleaded with performance and handeling. I guess I'll find out. Maybe 07 with the Outlaw.

Old 12-07-2005, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

i checked with my dealer today, aparently they have a Outlaw being delivered Next saterday (december 17th)

like i said APARENTLY, if it does show up, he said he'll let me demo it and take pictures, so, if, and when it comes, i'll be sure to take my Digi cam along and snap a few pictures.

GE, good luck with your 700, i hear they are beasts. maybe if i ever see you at a GNCC race i'll show you my nice red rear shock [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]