Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

polaris quality????

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default polaris quality????

The 500 cats use suzuki engines and transmissions(same as Vinson) and the 650v2 uses the kawaski engine and trans (same as praire). the cat H1 is all arctic cat engine trans. the 700 EFI cat is the suzuki kinqquad engine and transmission.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider

The only reason Polaris and Arctic Cat ATVs are considered American is because they are assembled here, most everything else is made in Japan...example- Fuji makes alot of Polaris' motors and Suzuki/Kawasaki supply almost all Arctic Cat's motors. Someone could argue that Suzuki's are American made because they have plants in the US.

Old 01-28-2006, 05:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: zerowick
with the Cats it's hard to figure out where the engine and driveline come from on each machine, Suzuki, or Kawi. either way they are quality components. pretty sure they use the Suzi transmissions both auto and man, right?
you would be right!!!!!!! wayout, out, "lifes good "

Old 01-31-2006, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

Old 01-31-2006, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider

Zerowick, Thanks for the comments. I agree that it is good to discuss other brands on this forum. We should all be interested in what the other manufacturers are doing. We might get an idea to improve our own machines when we decide to upgrade with updated or aftermarket parts and accessories.I didn't give Artic Cat to much consideration before I purchased the SP 700EFI. There are a couple Artic Cat dealers near here. Seems like I remember hearing something about financial woes or an unsure future for Artic Cat awhile back. I may be mistaken on this and if I am would someone set me straight about what if any problems did or still exist with them. I've always been a little leary of a company that buys major components such as their engines from someone else. I see where they have released a unit with their own engine this year however and according to some reports it does quite well for a first year offering. I guess I've always wondered what would happen if all of a sudden Suzuki/Kawasaki were to decide to consolidate more lines or cut production, would it leave Artic Cat out in the cold without any engines. Maybe this in-house engine is a sign of things to come for Artic Cat. Doesn't appear to be a great following of Artic Cat here locally, but I do have some friends at a rescue squad east of here (less hills, little to no snow,and generally milder terrain) who are diehard Cat owners. Artic Cat appears to have some decent machines and a decent following in some areas. For some reason they just don't seem to be as popular here as Honda, Polaris and Kawasaki are. Once again, Thanks to all who support the forum and try to help others.

Old 01-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Arctic cat atv's have been around since 1996. Suzuki i think is 33% owner of them and thats why they use suzuki engines. In 03 and 04 kawasaki and suzuki formed an alliance which allowed arctice cat to use the 650 vtwin from kawasaki. Arctic cat just built a engine manufacturing plant in the US and is still expanding on that. the H1 is an arctic cat engine. From what I hear arctic cat is the fastest growing atv manufacturer right now.