Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Toz
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

Please, any one who has a problem with the rear A arm mounts call or email U.S. consumer product safty commission. I allready filled the proplem with them, but they said the need people to report it to know this is a problem.

Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sheepdog,Armyhawkeye :Any news for the available upgrade kit?

reference?
parts numbers?
prices?

Do we need to replace only the lower A-arm control or the arm+other parts?
Thanks

Old 11-30-2006, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Like Jakez29, how much is the upgrade kit for the
HawkEye's Arms? I have 2 newphews that could get
hurt if they break'em on bumps and what not at higher speeds.

Serious concern! Maybe I will play Santa-Uncle and
wrap up these upgrade kits for them for Christmas..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Thanks,

R'

Old 12-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Range Rover

any pictures?

Old 12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Trailblazer

The rear sub-frame needs to be replaced with the '07 version. It is much stronger. Do call the product safety commission. They have a department that deals with ATVs. Until it is a recall, after six months, the expensive repair is on you. The shop can get the correct part. I have not been able to try it yet though. My Hawkeye has been out of commission since August. The shop finally fixed the sub-frame. I brought it home only to notice that a front CV boot was split down the seam. Interesting. The part was not covered under warranty even though there were no signs of external damage. CV boots should last for years and are covered by other manufactures. Oh, I only put 33 hours on it from May to August. Other than that, it is a great quad. I?ve heard the ?07 is better. My dumb mistake for buying first year.

All I want for Christmas is my Hawkeye fixed since it has been in the shop since August and I have only put 33 hours on it....

Old 12-22-2006, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

After my cousin got a lawyer on arctic cat, AC was more than happy to fixx his V2. When iwas younger a had Honda's and Yamaha's breaking frames, CV joints, blown engines, they all have problems.

Old 12-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Toz
Weekend Warrior

it's not the quad its that Polaris does not stand behind it's product. they have the worst customer relations i ever seen. my friends have jap quads and when they have trouble they get no bull. my one friend beats his brute force to death with a extended warranty and they never even give him any garbage. i baby my Polaris and Polaris See's a dent on the rim and tell me i abuse the quad. do they think there's no rocks in the wood's that are over 6"high. GIVE ME A BREAK POLARIS. your awful with your customers.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

I wish that I checked with the BBB of MN before I bought a Polaris.

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record.
BBB Definition:

unsatisfactory record - A company has an "unsatisfactory business performance record" with the Bureau is based on the experiences reflected in BBB files. This file condition results when the company has failed to resolve or respond to complaints, repeatedly failed to respond or resolve issues in a timely manner, failed to resolve the underlying issues for a pattern.

Old 12-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Range Rover

do you have a link to that info?

Old 12-23-2006, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

The way i see it forget the polaris dealer and fix it yourself,,I cant really understand why the other hawkeyes are breaking,,I have ridden the Dawg crap out of Our hawkeye and cut it no slack at all for the first 6 months ,,last time i rode it i hit a sand hump at 40mph and flew probally 30 feet and landed hard,,the hawkeye never batted an eye and kept on doing good, If it were me and I had financed it (which i have) I would take the whole shibang paperwork and all and tell them to shove it..Good credit or bad afterward, My dealer knows this and they would not give me any trouble at all..If you want send me the A-Arms and Ill fix em for you..rick

Quick Reply: BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS