Old 09-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS

Old 09-28-2006, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry about the blank post. Both of our Hawkeyes broke the rear control arm mounts at about 1300 miles. No jumps, no abuse, just normal work here on the ranch. If your '06 Hawkeye hasn't broken the rear control arm mount, give it some time it probably will. The mounting is built way too light.

Old 09-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer

I sent a email regarding this issue to customer service directly to polaris corporate.. I will include what I sent and what they sent back: might be something to look into even if you have to pay for it...I would rather spend a few extra bucks for a kit then $$$ for my hospital bills even though it may be a "polaris defect"

MY MESSAGE
Recently I purchased a 2006 Hawkeye and I love the machine. However, I have been reading numerous posts(on polaris sponsored website)about the rear a-arm supports breaking after some nornal usage. One of the final posts shows a email from a engineer from polaris states that for all model year 2007's the sub frame and a-arm supports have been up graded. In addition, there is a service kit available for older model Hawkeye. I went to the local dealer and asked for the kit and they had no idea as to what I was talking about. Ts there truth to this "kit" for the 2006 model. Is there a easier way to receive this kit then through my dumbfounded dealer. I feel the only reason I am presenting this to you directly is due to the fact that this could be a severe safety issue if this was to break during usage.

THIER RESPONSE
Unfortunately, I am only equipped to answer questions regarding the PurePolaris Online Store. However, our Consumer Service Hotline Team will be more than happy to assist you with your concern. Please contact them at 763-417-8650 between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Central Time, Monday through Friday. When you get there, choose option 4 from the first menu(for callers who own a Polaris machine), then choose option 5 from the second menu(for callers with questions about the performance/operation of their machine) and, finally, option 2 from the third menu(for callers who have already spoken to their dealer).

Old 09-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Trailblazer

My dealer confirmed that they did order the correct (STRONGER) replacement part. It should be in next week sometime. Your dealer would have to call Polaris for the information.

Old 09-28-2006, 10:39 PM
Toz
Weekend Warrior

what is the part number for this sub frame. we need to report this to consumer affairs, be fore we see a fellow rider get hurt. Thanks Toz

Old 09-29-2006, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider

The next time I stop in my local shop I'll ask them about this service kit. The shop was just taken over by new owners who have been very customer service oriented. I'll post back here or maybe start a new post if I get any solid information, part numbers, price, etc.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Toz
Weekend Warrior

Just sent a on line form to Consumers report about the problem with Hawkeye subframes. told them that more and more people are loosing there wheels, and will it take one of our kids to get injured or killed before they step up to the plate. let you know what happens. told them about this thread.

Old 11-27-2006, 05:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

Good morning,

I'm french living in Britanny (west part of France) and the owner of an HAWKEYE 06 4*4(baught in September).
I'm discovering your forum,and of cause I'm very surprised to discover the problems with this ATV.
In france we don't know anything about the weakness of the rear suspension and how dangerous it is to drive such machine.
Last post was 1st October,what happens after,did you get the problem fixed by Polaris?
What about the upgrade kit you were talking about? Is it available to day?
For the momment,60 miles only with my Hawkeye and still working well (cross the fingers) but I'm becoming anxious with this dangerous thing.
Thanks for your replies

Old 11-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Listen, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Polaris could care less about any of your problems. They will do nothing to help you, and if they tell you that they will give you a call back they are lying. I called them off the hook when I had a problem with my 2 hour old sportsman, and they could have cared less. They lied and back tracked during the whole incident. Calling the consumer affairs dept is however a great idea. They truely will check out your claim. You can also contact the better business dept, as I did. They will definitely get on the ball. As far as using a polaris as a bike for you children, I would keep your kids as far away from a polaris as possible. I would never in my life buy another polaris, it is hands down the worst company that I have ever delt with, and they truely do not care.

Old 11-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Trailblazer

Wahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Quick Reply: BEWARE of the HAWKEYE. DANGEROUS