Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

trailblazer ideas, good or bad??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 12:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trailblazer ideas, good or bad??

i recently purchased a 2001 trailblazer. it runs pretty well, and my gf loves it! however im not satisfied with the power. she doesnt want a pipe on it yet. but i know where i can get a clutch kit for dirt cheap. my idea, or questions rather, if i put an after market filter on with the clutch kit will there be a difference in performance? or do i absolutely need a pipe? when this quad is in neutral it revs pretty high. but when im riding it, the thing doesnt even think of revving that high. i dont know much about the whole clutching system, but is there anyway to get that quad to rev higher?

Old 05-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You dont even need a whole clutch kit. Usually a kit is used to match a performance pipe. You will not gain much with a clutch kit and no pipe. The best cheapest thing you can do is change the primary clutch spring. This will make it rev higher and have better low end and top end. Alot of guys use a Polaris white, EPI red, epi pink or epi maroon. The pink will give the same take off but will give you the best mid to top end. The Polaris white, epi red will give you a snappy bottom end decent mid but top flattens out. The epi maroon will give you slightly better take off but will pull good mid to top. I would recommend either the epi red or pink. You can get both and see what you like. They are about $20 each and can order direct from erlandson performance. Also get a drop in K&N filter.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:13 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the top of your airbox off and see if there is still an elbow attached to the bottom of the snorkle. If there is remove that POS and discard. Next get a new plug and go from there. I noticed a big power increase just removing that air robbing, restricting piece of plastic. All it does is direct the cool airflow towards the back of the airbox away from the carb? Mine will keep up with a 500HO up to about 45 or so now. I plan on getting an RCR Stage 1 kit for it once the boys turn 16 and are legal. Loud pipes draw attention so they need to be legal before that. My 2002 will go about 52 mph with my 210 lb **** on it. I've done that speed for about 5 mile stretches before. Should be plenty for her. Brian