Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Not too happy with polaris

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 11:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not too happy with polaris

collins84-

I have an 05 Trailboss and have not had a bit of trouble with it. First of all, you are not suppose to "Jump" a Trailboss. It is a utility quad, not a racing quad. Their suspension is not set up for jumping. If you wanted a quad for jumping, you picked the wrong one! These quads are more for trail riding and light utility work. Not for racing and jumping.

As far as your head seal (although it is uncommon for them go bad so soon) things like that happen (as with any type of motor vehicle.)

Lastly, I find it very unusual for the thumb throttle to break. This is my second Trailboss (I use to have an 03) and I cannot figure out why that would happen. I have never had any problems with either of mine.

I don't know what you expected out of the Trailboss, but you have to purchase a quad to fit your specific riding needs. If you don't ride it the way it was intended to ride, then you will have problems.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Range Rover

polariseater,

the reason you come to this site and bash the best is simple scycology.....

(you have a little weener)

its that simple, and everyone knows it.

objects in the mirror are smaller than they appear. go try and grow one.

Old 05-29-2006, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: workaholic
polariseater,

the reason you come to this site and bash the best is simple scycology.....

(you have a little weener)

its that simple, and everyone knows it.

objects in the mirror are smaller than they appear. go try and grow one.
You misspoke there workaholic. it should have read; (you ARE a little weener) Hopefully he went and found a mirror and his search for said object will keep him off here for awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2006, 06:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

if I am not mistaken is not the scrambler a sport bike or atleast more sport than utility and I am pretty sure it has mainly the same suspension setup that mine has???? I understand that the scrambler has a little bit more travel but the suspension is the same from the specs on the website. I do not trash my bike and I am trashing polaris I am just saying if all my buddies can do anything with theres such as jump a foot or two in the air even on a 800 pound utility I think my bike can handle it also I did by the bike that was suited to me just thought it would be more reliable. WELDS JUST DONT BREAK from a little jump atleast I never seen one until now . I am not talking about the metal breaking I AM TALKING ABOUT THE WELD clean straight through snap . I like my bike just wished the warranty that I paid so much for would be a little better thats all. And from that weld breaking it broke my plastic on the left side also. and I had fixed my throttle. drilled out the spindle inside and put a long screw to hold the pieces together that broke and supergluied them. works just fine rode 90 miles on it friday. I bought this bike because of reliability and as far as starting yeah it starts everytime but eh rest of it I am kinda let down. I like it but dissapointed with it.

Old 05-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Quad Patrol
Don't let the hp numbers fool you. Its all in how you get it to the ground. Clutching clutching clutching!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On the Scrambler the shocks and springs are differant from the TBoss along with numerus other things.As for the pricey extended warranty your best bet would have been a service manual most extended warranties arent very good investments.On your weld bnreaking just get it rewelded and run it until it breaks again as long as you are running the little ute like a sport bike.

Old 05-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

[WELDS JUST DONT BREAK from a little jump atleast I never seen one until now . I am not talking about the metal breaking I AM TALKING ABOUT THE WELD clean straight through snap .

Welds will break if you are jumping a machine that you are not suppose to be jumping. My daughter has a Polaris Predator 90. Although they look sporty, they are not made to race and jump. That is why they make all the aftermarket parts to change it into a racing quad. One of the first things recommended (if you are going to race/jump your quad) is to gusset the entire frame so that the frame is stronger and holds up when you jump. Just about everyone at our local race track (who have not gusseted their frames) have cracked their frame at one time or another.

Unfortunately, the Trailboss is not made for jumping at all. It is strictly made for trail riding and light utility work. Not only will you be breaking your frame (if you jump it) but you will find that the suspension will not absorb the jump. If you wanted to jump your quad, you purchased the wrong quad.

When you go to weld the crack in your frame (if you haven't already) I recommend you gusset that part so that it has a stronger hold.

Text

Old 05-30-2006, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

I have to tell it like I see it.

I ride my Boss hard! I jump it a couple feet off at full throttle (tapping brake in air). I hit the bottom of hills at full to go up as high as I can. I hit so hard my knees hit the front fenders above the wheel wells and I hurt. I've rolled it twice and bent the bars and bent them back again.

I inspect and maintain it well. It has never broken a thing.

Now my brother did have his metal flag tab brake off the rear rack on his 04 Boss. It broke at the weld and appeared to look good on the outside but clearly was a bad weld. He has not had any other trouble.

Did you say how big you are? If your less than #200 I think your weld should have held. I would not though compare it to a Scrambler in any event.