Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

problems w/ gorilla winch ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems w/ gorilla winch ?

I received the third winch yesterday. It seems to work well. The **** that engages the spool has a solid engage - disengage feel at each end of the turning arc that the other two didn't have.

Gorilla sent me replacement winches on the same days I called them about my problem. With the first replacement they sent me a pre-paid return DHL shipping label. The second winch had obviously been repacked after someone checked it as I requested. They did not send me a shipping label and when I asked about it they said to just keep the defective winch. Spare parts!

I would not hesitate to purchase from this company again.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:30 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: svbackstreets
I received the third winch yesterday. It seems to work well. The **** that engages the spool has a solid engage - disengage feel at each end of the turning arc that the other two didn't have.

Gorilla sent me replacement winches on the same days I called them about my problem. With the first replacement they sent me a pre-paid return DHL shipping label. The second winch had obviously been repacked after someone checked it as I requested. They did not send me a shipping label and when I asked about it they said to just keep the defective winch. Spare parts!

I would not hesitate to purchase from this company again.

Sounds like great customer service ! I would buy from them again as my gorilla has gotten me & some others out of some difficult spots

I bought my winch mount from Corey at K.F.I. he use to post here

Old 01-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys. I just installed a gorilla 3000# winch on my '05 sportsman 400. I tried to find a pvc weatherproof box that I could install the contactor in and that would still fit in my front storage compartment. I attempted to do this but would have ended up bending the crap out of the wires just to get it to fit. In the end I just secured the contactor in the front storage box by itself. I completely smothered the thing in electrical tape to prevent anything from shorting it out but am still worried about water getting at it. I'm curious to know where everbody else with a sportsman mounted their contactors. Thanks to anyone that responds.

Old 01-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Trailblazer

I mounted mine under the left rear fender just in front of the tailight and bolted to the small storage box. Fairly exposed but I don't do much mud or deep water here in Arizona.