Could someone give me the pros/cons list of
speed/power, handling of these three?

thanks,

R'

Old 08-04-2006, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrammy's vs. Pred's or Outlaws

good freind has an outlaw and i have a scrammer and a Preddy, so supose i'm qualified to answer. Horsepower only, Predator all the way, (unless you have the time to wait for a 525 Outlaw, in which case, check Polaris's site... for the shear dominance that machine will exhibit) . Anyway, Predator is not as comfortable as either of these but for High-speed handling it is the best hands down. The outlaw is more comfortable, (maybe even more than my scrambler) and handles very well at a medium pace. It does however start to exhibit slight body roll in the corners as speeds increase and the amazing traction makes for some interesting sliding characteristics... The Outlaw is still a very nice handling machine and comes in a close second to the pred in terms of speed in flat track. if you ride a lot of hills, or tight, rutted / rocky / rooty terrain, the outlaw will probably put down faster lap times. which brings me to the venerable scrambler. It is cadilac smooth to ride with deceptively smooth power delivery and ease of use. Unfortunately, It's handling is out of the nineties, (read not good) it is kinda top-heavy and underpowered a LOT compared to these two machines. Where the scrambler shines is in the roughest rough you want to subject a sport quad to. Ride w/ a lot of 4x4 guys who like the mud but still want to get some air and run at high speed, the scrammer is for you. Top speed goes like this: 1) Pred, 74-76 2) Outlaw, 71-73 3) Scrambler 63-66 Acceleration goes the same way and high speed handling does too. Rought terrain handling that does not require 4x4 goes to the outlaw, and for Extreme terrain the scrammer is your machine.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scrammy's vs. Pred's or Outlaws

Scrambler -

Nice post and thanks for all the
great info!