Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ITP Blackwater vs ITP Mudlite

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP Blackwater vs ITP Mudlite

can a 2004.5 500 H.O. sportsman handle 27 in tires? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i know a guy w/ 28" mudlites w/ a 2" lift on his w/ over 7000 miles on it. just use low range in the bad spots.

Old 09-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

bump still haven't decided lol

Old 09-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

Those are some pretty big skins for a 500 to be spinning. I would think you would give up a significant amount of both acceleration and top end. I have had bikes that size and I try and go with a 25" tire to not bog the bike down. If it's a clearence issue you are looking to resolve and you don't care about the performance of the atv, then maybe the 27" are your remedy. good luck.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Pro Rider

Phezer Mud Hogs..........Crystal Lake, Illinois where do you ride at?
I ride at the rocky glen ohv park in rockford IL when i can lol
i never really take my quad to the limit. I just like to do some muddy
At rocky glen almost everytime i want out there I got me and my quad just covered in mud

Old 09-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

hey GT, we ride most of the time up in Hurley Wisconsin. Lot's of good mud out there and the hotels, food and drink are inexpensive. I just got back this afternoon but didn't get to ride much. Gonna try and get up there for the Pumpkin Run in early October but might have to go to Korea for business on that weekend.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

cool, my grandfather had a farm up wisconsin 80 acres I loved ridding up there he still has it but he has Alzheimers disease and is pretty for gone now my uncle is like head of everything now and he think the farm we have up wisconsin IS PRIMITIVE! He woundnt even sleep over there had to get a hotel. The farm is up in fairchild, wisconsin
He hasent said anything about selling it but i know he thinking about it. To be honest someday i want to move out to the country hopefuly when i have the money theres still places like that. it really makes me sad. It was like have a small private trail not that public trails arent good. it just this is like untouch land almost It mostly forest.
Man if i had the money i would buy my grandfathers farm in heartbeat. but with my uncle in power now i think the farm is good as gone.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

So what is the better tire?

Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

I only have experience with the ITP's, specifically the xtr's, mudlites and 589's. The xtr is supposed to be the newest and best thing out there but I have found that this year they are the only tires I have punctures in and lots of them. The mudlites and the 589's have not had a single issue and we have done over 1k miles on all of the bikes with the ITP tires. I guess, that being said, you need to pick a tire out that is for the type of riding you do. If you ride in mud and snow, the 589 is supposed to be the bomb. If you are a mudder, I would go with the mudlites. I am having trouble recommending the xtr's just because of the number of punctures I have had.

Old 09-19-2007, 04:14 PM
Pro Rider

i think give the blackwaters i try when Ive got the money heres a link and I think I'm going 25 Inch Tire Kit
http://www.onoffroad.com/Merch...gory_Code=BIGFOOT-KITS

Quick Reply: ITP Blackwater vs ITP Mudlite