Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Glacier 2 plow system - How are they working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glacier 2 system - How are they working?

I'm New to the boards so pardon me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I did a couple of searches but did not find post on the Glacier 2 system after people have been using them a while.

They attach method is very cool and easy to but this is a completely different geometry than the old push tube systems (Warn, Cycle Country, Moose, ect). Looks like it would be much harder on the frame for aggresive use but maybe not? It is a much different pivot point so I am wondering how they plow (do they tend to lift more or less in deep conditions?)

So how are they working? I am particularly in the 60? Razor as it looks like it would help get deep snow over the sides like a County Plow does.

Thanks

Old 12-30-2006, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Glacier 2 plow system - How are they working?

MHG -

Check out the SNOW thread too. I just posted there a few mins.
ago. I too bought the Glacier II plow system. I haven't installed it
yet and I only have the straight 60" blade. Wasn't too sure about
the Razor/V type blade or others. I am looking foward to see the
growth of this thread with Snow blankets right now in the MidWest.
How much did you get recently in Colorado?

R'

Old 12-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

We got hammered. Christmas blizzard with 34" and another 18" a week later. With these kind of depths, the standard blades don't through the snow out high enough to make it over your previous banks. I am hoping the Razor helps this.

They have been selling quads with plows like you cant believe. Snowblowers have been going like crazy, it kind of reminds me of play station 3 for the adults LOL.

Looking forward to how the Glacier 2's are working out because they sure are the cleanest design out there.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The PS3's I have been watching on Ebay have come WAY down in price. All the folks that paid $1,000+ for them a month ago were nuts! Ebay sellers can't get $660 for them now! (PS3 60GB)

I wanted one from the store but they were all sold out. I will wait until the stores restock.

BTW, I to am interrested in reading some reviews about the Glacier2 system and how it's holding up compared to the original.

~MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

I have the glacier 52" system and the winch raises the blade a foot off the ground which makes backing up very easy. It does not seem to have any additional weight that I can tell. The big difference again is the height you get versus a push tube system. Also being able to raise the blade so high allows for driving straight up the trailer ramp with room to spare.

Old 01-01-2007, 11:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Anybody else have a review? How are they holding up to the abuse?

Thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

I have only used the Glacier so I cannot comment on the other brands. But, the Glacier system rocks! It was easy to install the plow mount bracket and connecting to the plow and being ready to go is about a 30 second job. I have beat the crap out of the plow and the ATV and have not hurt anything yet. I have used it to spread gravel, plow snow way higher than the heighth of the blade, and do stupid things like use a lot of momentum to bash an old hardened snow bank with no problems. Typically, I have been too lazy to take the mount off in the summer time and have nuked it countless times on rocks/boulders and it has taken the abuse well. So, I am extremely happy with it. Fit and finish are also good.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Weekend Warrior

Polaridoo,

Thanks for the input. It sounds like you have the Glacier (1st Gen) or is it the latest Gen 2 version?

I hope this link is ok. I have no affiliation with the seller but this is the best picture that i can come up with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/POLAR...spagenameZWDVW

Thanks

Old 01-02-2007, 02:16 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I have the first generation Glacier. To be honest, I don't even know what the differences are between the first and second generation plow. I think you will be happy with a Glacier system.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just bought and installed the glacier II plow setup with the 60" blade for my sportsman. I honestly don't know how it differs from the original glacier system but I can tell you that I am very happy with it. Putting the plow on and taking it off is a snap and takes literally 15 seconds. My buddy across the street has a Rincon with a moose plow and you have to lay on the ground to install the pins every time you want to hook the plow up. It's a pain in the butt. I could drive into my plow to hook it up and only have to get off the machine to hook the winch up. It's great!

Quick Reply: Glacier 2 plow system - How are they working?