Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Outlaw 525

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlaw 525

evasiveone;

You went w/ the red needle? i was planning on the blue, but if the red is good for you, i'll do it to start w/ any change to the fuel screw? i was told 1-3/4 turns out. Also did you try either O-ring? i know how to do the mod, but didn't know which one to try first... any info would be helpful, but i was thinking the 40% O-ring, just because the Outlaw weighs more than the bike, and will take longer for the engine to catch up to the throttle anyway, so i didn't want' to flood it... just theory. also, for the same reason, i think we should leave the accelerator pump at a 3 sec shot, just b/c with the added weight i think shortenning the shot, would yield an of-idle leanness i don't imagine would be good for the motor... again, just theory, but if you've got ideas, i'd love to hear 'em [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

PM sent regarding valve adjustment papers.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider
Default Outlaw 525

The red needle was suggested by dean himself to me. Seeing how we are in the heartland and high temps are just right around the corner I did not see the need to run the richer blue needle. But it is so easy to change now that it is warm I need to do a few plug chops and get it dialed in.

The directions explain it as the thinner o-ring for trails and the thicker o-ring for quicker response for racing. I chose the thicker o-ring because I like that immediate jump in power when I hit the throttle. Also with the extra weight of the quad to the bike I do not think it will make it "jumpy" like some of the bike riders explained it. Again it is so easy to change out. But I figured hell if I have the 525 minus well get the best out of it that it has to offer stock. And I seriously like the power this thing has. You are going to be amazed once you get some time on yours.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Outlaw 525

Just an observation, in the brochure the rear grab bar on page 3 looks to be "Flipped" so it bends up away from the exhaust. Page 5, (I think, I don't have it in front of me) shows the normal position, bend down. I know there was a post about it being to close to the exhaust and if you grab it you could get burned. Maybe it can just be removed and turned around to prevent this.

By the way I am researching this because I plan on getting a 500. I only casual trail ride so the 500 will be enough for me.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Outlaw 525

Originally posted by: spyder6
Polaris couldent legally make the claim that it was the fastest quad in production without it being true, it would otherwise be false advertisement and could them liable in court
Actually they can say anything they want....

You can make the claim "fastest ATV in the World" but maybe you are taking about top speed. Or perhaps the fastest from 0-to-60, or even the fastest from 20-to-40.......

It's all a matter of spin....

It's just like Ford can say the F150 is the best selling truck line in the world for 30 years straight. The fact is that if you combine GMC and Chevy, the F150 is not the best selling truck for every year. But since GM calls them by different names..... But at the same time if GM wants to claim the best selling trucks in America they can, because they can combine their own numbers.

Subaru claims to have the most ground clearance of any vehicle, even trucks. But they are measuring to the highest point not the lowest point....

Advertising is a slick game......

Old 02-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default Outlaw 525

Cmot- I think you are right that you could easily turn the grab bar over and get a little more room. In person it is actually not that close the way it is stock, unless you got some Grizzly Adam hands.

I really love this 525 and its chasis. I was a little worried since I have been riding sra since the early 80's but since a lot of that time was on 3-wheelers my riding style just fits the 525. The nicest thing is this thing hugs the corners and rockets out of them. I do not know how it compares to the 500 Outlaw but you can also easily drift the 525 around corners if you want. The power of the 525 just requires a blip of the throttle to break the back end loose and slide her out if you want.

I cannot believe how smooth this thing is in the rough stuff on trails. I made the mistake of letting my wife ride the 525 and now she wants an Outlaw.