Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!

Thanks for trying trailblazermudrunner. Anybody else have any tips? I'm going to start working on it tomorrow evening. I might just have to use a big hammer, a sawzall, and some zip ties lol.

Old 03-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Pro Rider

Does anyone know if I'll have to remove the whole clutch assembly to get the tranny out or just the furthest back part? I have it mostly stripped down and ready to come out, but it just got too late to deal with it tonight.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

So I finally got the tranny out and split. I looked and looked at it, but nothing seems to be wrong. I am stumped. All the teeth on the gears are there, everything moves freely, the chain seems to be in good shape, etc... What do I do now? My ATV is in 100s of pieces and I have yet to find the problem. Anyone have an insight?

Old 03-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is the out put shaft spline in goos shape where the gear goes on. is the shifting fork bent in a way not to let it shift all the way. i was looking at a break down and dont see any key ways that could be broke. the only other thing that i can see in the break down is the 2 dogs(one on each end)on the input shaft that mesh the gears in might be broke. just take a look at them. best i can do for ya. good luck and let us know.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Pro Rider

I checked everytrhing over again and everything looked good, except for the shifting fork. I cleaned it all up really good and looked at it and it looks like one of the forks is bent just a little bit. When compared with the one beside it you can see it for sure. Would this probable be the cause of the problem? How do I get the shift fork out? How much would a new one cost me? It seems like there is hope for me afterall. Thanks!

Old 03-10-2007, 09:43 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

this is off ronnies.com
FORK,SHIFT,HR
3233231 1 $141.95
not sure how it would apart unless i could see it myself. any way you could rebend it back or is it too weak or to badly bent. some one else jump in on this.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

Wow, $142! That is more that I thought it would be. I might try to straighten out. I guess i can't make it any worse. I just don't want to think it is good to go, put it all back together to find that i didn't straighten it right. I forgot to mention on my previous post that I could see where metal has rubbed against the shift fork where it is bent, so that is probably my problem

Old 03-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

could be. just remeber that the gear case is only alum, or white metal and breaks easy.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

So here's a funny story. I got everything put bacxk together and ready to try out. Put it in drive and go 15 feet before it stops. I look around because something is obviously still wrong. I notice that the front sprocket fell off the output shaft. It comes down to the c clip that I put on is just slightly too large and allows the new front sprokcet to fall off the shaft. I'm going to get a smaller c clip and that should do the trick. Oh well, I learned a lot and have a very clean tranny now.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:49 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!

wow, that kinda of sucks but at least it works now, and you learned something.

Quick Reply: No Forward or Reverse!!!!!!