Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

800 EFI Excessive HEAT!!! - Melting Plastics...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800 EFI Excessive HEAT!!! - Melting Plastics...

Like so many others on here, I experienced the melting plasting and burning legs. Well, I tried some different fixes and have to say, GET IT COATED BY JET-HOT!!! Went to Mud Fest this weekend and had ZERO problems at all. The bike ran great and I could wear shorts without any discomfort at all. I was really amazed at the difference it made.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

man by looking your pics you are one lucky boy w/ god on your side. people have dies from these fences. so yyou had it jet coated, and how much did it cost you and how long did it take? thanks.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that was a wild ride! When I went back to the spot last year, everyone in our group was amazed that I made it out with the minor injuries that I had. After riding dirt bikes and atv's all of my life, it reminded me that even the most experienced riders can mess up. But my bike is like new and taking me anywhere I want to go.

But yeah, had the exhaust coated by JET-HOT and it might be the best thing I've ever done with it. My total cost to JET-HOT was $87.50, which is a little more than doing a total wrap job on it. But then again, add in the time that wrapping it takes and doing it right, and coating it might be the cheaper route to go. Now, you do have to cover the shipping but depending on where you are located, it isn't that much. When I talked to the sales guy on the phone, he said it was about a 3 day turn around but when I called and talked to customer service, they said it might be a few weeks because they were backed up. However, I sweet talked a girl up there and they had it back to me in about a week! If you can stand a little time with your girl being out of commission, then I suggest doing it.