Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 800 X2

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 X2

The 07 800X2 Deluxe is my first quad. What I can tell you is this thing handles awesome at all speeds. I noticed right away mine doesn't have the wheelie that the regular 800 has but the longer wheelbase surly has an impact. I got 60 MPH on a sand trail. I have not been able to test speed on hard packed yet but I would guess 65+. I'm not a mudder so no input yet on that topic. I have ridden tight trails and was able to navigate as well as a Griz. I do use a 1-inch piece of foam on the rear seat cushion to add more comfort. This gets it closer to the front seat comfort. I will be looking into different rear springs to get more travel out of the suspension. I wish Polaris had adjustable springs on the rear of this quad. The fuel consumption is much better that I thought it would be. No problems with six gallons on board. There is also plenty of storage on the X2 between the front box and the rear dump box. I am very satisfied with this quad and would say one a 1-10 it gets a 8 due to the non adjustable rear springs and the comfort of the rear seat. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sportsman 800 X2

Wow guys!! Thanks a million. Sounds like it is a good overall quad. I'm planning on buying in the next month or two. Kinda waiting for the accountant to tell me the best way to buy so it is deductible. LOL But I sure appreciate all the replys.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 X2

wow, i wish i could deduct my toys on my taxes. lol. ild get all my income tax back.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Default Sportsman 800 X2

I still like to know if there
is more power in the X2 versions
than the normal 500/800 EFI.
I only ask since there is more added
to it, turf mode and such, you would
think they would have to pack more
power in these models.

Or does it have the same exact engine/clutch
etc.?

Regards,

R'

Old 06-18-2007, 01:55 PM
Range Rover
Default Sportsman 800 X2

More power? My 500 X2 Deluxe has all the power this middle aged guy needs. I am extremely satisified.

Old 06-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Range Rover
Default Sportsman 800 X2

power is exactley the same in my sp 800 vs, my sp 800x2 but my x2 is faster! (according to speedo havent measured w/gps yet) i think it must be the smaller tires.. i dunno cuz i thought smaller tires = quicker and taller tires = faster? or maybe i have it backwards but it sures seems like im getting more topspeed on the x2...im gonna test w/gps will post results

Old 06-18-2007, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Sportsman 800 X2

Non-adjustable springs in the rear??? They are adjustable... At least on my X2. I still have them on the "softest" setting and have never bottomed out. Maybe I'm not understanding what jampg means. Hoping to get out this week.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Sportsman 800 X2

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MooseHenden

Non-adjustable springs in the rear??? They are adjustable... At least on my X2. I still have them on the "softest" setting and have never bottomed out. Maybe I'm not understanding what jampg means. Hoping to get out this week.</end quote></div>

MooseHenden,
I stand corrected. For some reason I thought the rears were not adjustable. But they are as you stated. I have the springs set at the softest setting and it feels like I need a little more rebound. My quad is at my cabin and I just don't get to see and use it enough. I need to work on that. Thanks for the feedback.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sportsman 800 X2

I purchased the sp800efi X2 DLX edition about 2 months ago and totally love it. I already have over 225miles on it and no problems at all. The ride is second to none and the steering is extremely easy with just one hand. The price difference between the sp800efi X2 regular and the sp800efi X2 DLX is only $800, but what you get with the DLX edition would cost more if you added them on later. With the DLX edition you get the nice aluminum rims, the 2.5 winch, the ADC breaking which is very good, and the back up lights. I added 27" ITP mudlite XTR's and now have gone through some nasty stuff that my BF750 with 27" ITP 589's did and with no problems. I have pulled my truck out of the mud two weeks ago with no problem and have used the dump bed to hall corn and seeds a few times. For me, it is the perfect all around quad. My bf750 is leaving me next month for about 4 weeks to have the big lift put on it for strickly mudding.

But, you can't go wrong at all with the X2 and I would spend the extra $800 to get all the other stuff on the DLX model.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Sportsman 800 X2

We have an 07 800 X2 and it sure comes in handy when my 07 Phoenix breaks down and I want to ride. HAHA The winch tows my broken down Phoenix very well too. All joking aside, (but I am serious) it has been a very reliable, machine, great ride and power, and for your information, DOES pop wheelies, and can pull jeeps out of the mud. So far, we are happy with the purchase of the X2, if it wasn't for my husband wanting a 2 seater, I would be watching from the sidelines on my broken down Phoenix. Polaris X@, great machine, Polaris Phoenix, POS!

Quick Reply: Sportsman 800 X2