Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Sportsman 500HO Dethroned !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2000 | 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

Caught ya in a fib ! No one in Canada has a Rubicon yet let alone near Sudbury Ontario.

Old 12-30-2000 | 02:49 PM
|
Range Rover

Gee,I did not mean to stir up any trouble,just a few months ago the SP500 beat the Ruby in another magazine shootout.I guess it is a matter of who is doing the testing.Both Honda and Polaris put some pretty big ads in those magazines.What I meant was that the Polaris was the only Quad to break down.(It's clutch locked up)

Old 12-30-2000 | 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Did you guys see that 20/20 or some other news show a couple of weeks ago when they talked about stocks. Them guys you see on CNN that tell you to buy the "hot stocks" are just BSin you cause they were paid out to tell you that on live telivision. They are the only ones making money from that company. Sell outs...Thats a proven fact.

The way I see it, we're living in a world of sell outs. You can only trust your own self and what you like, and it's natual to hold that out and defend your "belief"(antagonize). We all get defensive and/or a little stirred when we take part in arguments/discussions such as this. But, I'm not gonna turn this forum too far off the topic.

A couple of months ago, Dirt Wheels DID crown the SP500 "King of 4x4's". My dealership even uses it as a advertisement to promote the Sportsman. I picked up one a couple of weeks ago. I don't understand whats going on!

It don't bother me tho. So oh well just felt like I HAD to put in some input.

98 Scrambler 500 4x4...Purple and lovin' it!lol

Old 12-30-2000 | 03:16 PM
Range Rover

In my opinion, the only way to get the most precise answer of which is better is to get a group of people that have never ridden an atv, give them the basics; training course, basic driving tips,etc., on atvs and then give them the quads that are in the shoot-out.Give them a list of things to consider when deciding which is best, ie power, ride,etc. Let the non-biased people make the decision on which they feel is more powerful, responsive, etc. by letting them switch off and ride each and every machine.

That is probably the only way to come to a halfway correct answer.

Old 12-30-2000 | 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

Boss 70,

In using your mode of thinking…. “Why do you think HONDA finally came out with an automatic 500cc...because their sales suffered, it's purely economic.” Yes, I would say that is true, all but their sales suffering.

I can counter your question with one of my own.

Why do you think Polaris came out with an ATV? I think they saw a market that was in fact and still is, dominated by Honda and wanted a piece of the pie. Since Honda holds the market share they are the standards which all quads are judged. Automatics or manual, that’s a fact.

I will agree with you Polaris is well respected. As for the standard, maybe in belt driven quads. See everyone jumped on the belt drive snowmobile clutch bandwagon but Honda. Honda has raised the standards a notch with the Hondamatic. No belt, no slip, no burn and no break. The belt issue (plus others) is precisely why I went back to Honda’s. I was very displeased with my Polaris.

As far as a better ride and a 4-wheel drive system, I will agree. But there are other issues to consider as well. Reliability and resale value. You chose what was important to you and I chose what was important to me. As an automotive dealer you cannot dispute the fact that Honda’s have reliability and resale value on their side.

Happy trails,

Hiofcer

Old 12-30-2000 | 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

It is a fib!But when i finally figured out how to make a profile I was suppose to have the ruby by then but find I have to wait and there is no use changing it for a couple of weeks since the ruby is bought and paid for I just do not have it at the present time?

Old 12-30-2000 | 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

4 Wheel ATV Action comes out on the 1st and it is the 30 so how would u have that magazine?

Old 12-30-2000 | 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

Im getting feed up with people getting mad and fighting at other people because of different brands of atvs. If you think polaris is the best for you than get it and if you think honda is the best forr you thatn get it. Instead of moning groning and complaining about witch one's the best, start getting along and having fun with your own quad that you thought that was the best for you. Thats the reason I got mine because I thought it would be the best for me and i LOVE my atv alote. I have nothing against any brand of atv. I like them all. But what I don't like is when people fight over of what they like to do so much of. Every atv has it's ups and downs during the the years you have them, it's just going to happen no matter what atv you have, it just will. I like to hear about honda winning things but jeese polaris has won alote of awards to. Personaly i wouldn't mind to have a polaris bur I trust them and i got my own reasons why I don't. You guys need to settle down some, you take this way to far. See Ya Later

Old 12-30-2000 | 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

How can anyone say that the Rubicon is more reliable than any other quad, it's only been out for a couple of months?

Old 12-31-2000 | 09:37 AM
Pro Rider

Good question Quadfather, Although no one really knows for sure how reliable the Rubicon will be. I would say it’s reliable from my own experience. I have a 1978 CB750 Hondamatic with 12K. It’s 24 years old and no problems. It’s pretty tough to find a quad with 12k let alone one that’s 24 years old. I also must add that I don’t think Honda would risk its reputation without thoroughly testing it first. From what I have read this particular Hondamatic transmission has been in testing for 8 to 10 years prior to it’s release to the public in the quad market. I will try and find the article that I read about the research Honda compiled before the ruby’s release.

Quick Reply: Sportsman 500HO Dethroned !!!!