Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

ATTENTION: New Sportsman Owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATTENTION: New Sportsman Owners

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 2blue

What have you guys been paying for dealer to change all fuids?

All my fluids changed cost $502 taxes in.

Seems like a rip off...bill is still outstanding i thought it was alot cheaper then that.</end quote></div>

I asked the dealer and I was quoted $75.00 labour and all the fluids would be extra. So I guess another $100-125.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Just changed my front diff fluid again, about the fifth time now since it had the wrong fluid in it. Only a few hours went by since the last fluid change, and it was still very dirty. The sun hit the fluid in the drain pan and it sparkled like car paint. Obviously it was full of metal particles or clutch plate material. And I measured the fluid this time, and it only took 6 ounces before it started to come out of the fill hole, not the 9 ounces that the manual says.

I disconnected the ADC a few days ago and will not use it for the next five hours or so. Then I'll change the fluid again and see if its any cleaner. If so, the ADC operation of the clutch discs is probably responsible for making the fluid so dirty in such a short amount of time. On a positive note, my front diff has been functioning flawlessly ever since, so hopefully that means having the wrong fluid in there for that 1.5 hours didn't hurt anything. Maybe dirty fluid is nothing to worry about, but I just don't like it.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

It seems like the whole ADC option might not be such a good Idea from polaris? I'm in the upper midwest area and we dont have mountains but we do have some pretty steep bluffs. I'm just concerned with a spanking new machine that I'm going to run into trouble down the road with warranty problems and what not. I wonder if it would be better to have a machine without ADC? Also I'm a bit confused isn't the switch on the right hand side a 3 way 2x4, 4x4, ADC control?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

The 07 had 2x4 and 4x4/ADC the 08 have 2x4 and 4x4 and 4x4/ADC.
The X2 and Touring also have Turf mode, the 07 had it on the handle bar switch and the 08 have it on the steering pod.
07 is Turf, 2x4, and 4x4/ADC
08 is 2x4, 4x4, 4x4/ADC with Turf on steering pod.
confused yet?

Yes there are more parts and more chance of something to go wrong, but the ADC is a great feature and I think that outweighs the chance of something breaking, time will tell.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if your worried about the adc just dont use it. keep it in the awd non adc mode.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there any way to look at the diff itself and tell if it is an ADC modle. Mine is an 07 800 but i was told nothing of the ADC option when i bought it. I too and about ready to change the fluids for the summer season. The fact that it does slow way down going down hills has me wondering.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Super Quad Patrol
I'm watching you!
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

is yours a standard or delux? only the delux has the adc.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Indslpwr04

Is there any way to look at the diff itself and tell if it is an ADC modle. SNIP</end quote></div>

If you look at the back of the front differential from the right side, you'll see a shiny metal guard plate that is held on by two bolts. That guard plate protects the ADC wiring. If yours has that, then you have ADC.

But like Stendori already said, if you have a Deluxe model, you have ADC. You won't even have to check it then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THanks, If the deluxe came ith the winch and aluminum wheels than i have it.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:25 AM
Range Rover

My 08 X2 is not a Deluxe and does have "ADC"

Quick Reply: ATTENTION: New Sportsman Owners